FORUMS

SuperSU Beta Updates With Minor Fix For Galaxy S6

ChainFire’s root permissions app SuperSU has updated to v.2.49 to fix audits on … more

LG G4 Day Event Coverage: Specs, Features, Design & More!

LG has been teasing us with a countdown for a while now, and today it reached … more

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Slow download speeds via WiFi

29th April 2014, 01:22 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork.satan

Ok, so I completely taken my M8 back to scratch tonight and done a factory reset... And guess what? IT'S STILL DOING IT!

Surely there must be someone out there that's seen this before?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

I would try someone else's router before saying it's your phone. Also try different server on speedtest. Maybe there is something with your specific router that doesn't get along with the n_ac chip in your phone. Mine pulls 88mbit on my 105mb line. I have 2 year old airport extreme. It actually didn't work well in the past with my gs4 but a firmware update fixed it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

30th April 2014, 11:38 AM |#12  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 571

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok, so I completely taken my M8 back to scratch tonight and done a factory reset... And guess what? IT'S STILL DOING IT!

Hi @clockwork.satan

I'm in the same boat as you but with a different device (Sony Xperia Z Ultra GPE)

The speed is around 30Mbps on my desktop but only 3Mbps on my device.

The thing is, that this happens at home not on other routers I tried. So my conclusion is that it's something in the router.

You should try it too, test your connection on someone else's router to exclude the device from being the problem.
Today, 01:14 AM |#13  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
same issue
Quote:

I have the exact same issue. Same issue on multiple routers. Gets up to 20 mbs then Halfway though the test rapidly drops down to 1.4 mbs. Lte is 30-40mbs consistently. Can't figure it out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread