FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Kitkat 4.4 APN backup

26th May 2014, 07:43 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Does this just replace the APN file in system/etc?
I have been trying to get MMS to work on kk ROMs for what seems like weeks with no luck. Tried this but didn't have any luck but maybe, well im wishing, that i skipped a step and will work for me.
*** OK, I just tried the again and it was a no go. Turned around and installed 8sms and entered the APN and can send with the app. I'm confused as to why the app will work while the stock KK SMS won't. Anyone know?
Last edited by evertking; 26th May 2014 at 09:32 PM.

26th May 2014, 11:20 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I just use this for this problem. It has always made my LTE work fine with out any issues even after a long period of use. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1794956 follow the steps, works better then refreshing the APN every time it fails.
9th September 2014, 12:57 AM |#23  
Flag SC
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I'm on a Verizon LG G2. I backed up and restore APNs but when I went into hangouts for example on an AOSP ROM I didn't see any APNs and had to manually add one for MMS to work at all. Any ideas?
21st September 2014, 03:47 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistah_mumford

I'm on a Verizon LG G2. I backed up and restore APNs but when I went into hangouts for example on an AOSP ROM I didn't see any APNs and had to manually add one for MMS to work at all. Any ideas?

Delete

Free storage from Copy:
https://copy.com?r=cScoov
27th April 2015, 05:10 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
:(
I'm on the Virgin Mobile s3 and right now I'm on the 2015-04-12 cm 11 nightly and I've done all of the steps in your tutorial but even after that i get no data whatsoever. I can call and text but can't get 2g 3g or 4g signal. Then when I go to my APNs there's nothing there. Any help will be greatly appreciated cuz I don't want to go back to touchwiz.
28th April 2015, 11:26 PM |#26  
Flag maracay
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziur

I'm on the Virgin Mobile s3 and right now I'm on the 2015-04-12 cm 11 nightly and I've done all of the steps in your tutorial but even after that i get no data whatsoever. I can call and text but can't get 2g 3g or 4g signal. Then when I go to my APNs there's nothing there. Any help will be greatly appreciated cuz I don't want to go back to touchwiz.

mmm, probably have to use the qpst or cdma workshop.... to programing the nam and the data parameters of virgin for 2g 3g 4g functionality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUJgk7Eba_o here's a tutorial, so you will see the parameters that you have to change.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread