FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Does Towelroot method work for T-Mobile GS5?

22nd June 2014, 04:23 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I was wondering if the Towelroot method works for Samsung Galaxy S5 (sm-g900t) and whether or not it will trip Knox. I was never able to find a clear answer to this. Thanks!
Last edited by slickdap; 22nd June 2014 at 04:28 PM.

22nd June 2014, 04:44 PM |#2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Very quick answer for you

YES, IT ROOTS YOUR PHONE WITHOUT TRIPPING KNOX
The Following User Says Thank You to babygau For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2014, 11:16 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how? when I try on the sm-g900t towelroot says not suppoted did u use a modstring?
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygau

Very quick answer for you

YES, IT ROOTS YOUR PHONE WITHOUT TRIPPING KNOX

if u used a modstring, what was it?
26th April 2015, 11:44 PM |#4  

More
no dice for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T, running 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdap

I was wondering if the Towelroot method works for Samsung Galaxy S5 (sm-g900t) and whether or not it will trip Knox. I was never able to find a clear answer to this. Thanks!

Tried towelroot on my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T, running 5.0, but got the message "This phone isn't currently supported"
29th April 2015, 12:42 AM |#5  

More
it can work
I rooted my Sm-900t using towelroot but you have to downgrade your kernel or bootloder I believe from NK2 (or whichever one fixed the vulnerability that made towelroot work) to NH5 or to a version earlier than august or july 2014 update using ODIN. There was a zip file with all of the components you need to downgrade, root, then upgrade back to the latest build. Search sm-g900t towelroot workaroud or something. This is for kitkat I dont know if jt would work on lollipop. Actually now that I think of it cf-autoroot-klte through Odin rooted my t mobile s 5 no problem. It did trip knox tho while the towelroot method above did not. I will look on my desktop to see if I still have the zip file and get back to you. if not I'm sure it's still on this website somewhere. good luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread