FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Q] How compatible is the Verizon Samsung S5 with AT&T / T-Mobile?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By XFlyer, Junior Member on 14th April 2014, 02:06 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd March 2015, 10:07 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineMan

Make sure the photo/video you're sending is less than 1mb. I believe that's AT&T's file size limit on MMS.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

You're right that was the issue, I figured it out earlier this morning but didn't get to post till now:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article....d=53119&cv=820

The default messages app in lollipop doesn't allow you to set a limit on the MMS file/pic size being sent, so the pics I was sending was over 1MB. To fix it I had to download another app to use as a new default SMS (trying out Textra for now) app and set the file size limit in there to be < 1MB, and then it worked

22nd March 2015, 11:29 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 51

Donate to Me
More
Also, ad removal programs need you to add Verizon MMS URL to exclusions.
25th March 2015, 01:40 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 887

More
How come? You're not sending/receiving MMS through the Verizon MMSC URL.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
26th March 2015, 02:13 PM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 51

Donate to Me
More
Maybe I'm wrong. I saw some posts regarding MMS not working, and it sounded like that was the most common issue.
26th March 2015, 04:13 PM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up
Ok so i just spent all night setting a verizon s5 and i got most everything to a basic S5 with full functions, for T Mobile since i have a t mobile sim, set your phone to "Network Mode" to "Global" then set your APN to fast.t-mobile.com not epc, for some strange reason epc does not work! atleast for me in NYC. and the rest your settings you leave out execept for the MMSC "http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc" now just wait for the phone to reconnect to the tower and you should have full LTE, now for MMS here is the tricky part i think ppl are not getting, DONT USE MESSAGE+ the red icon on the buttom, use the NATIVE TEXT MESSAGE CLIENT, its in the menu under messages. Message+ seems to be some type of verizon software and it will work with basic text but MMS seems to fail everytime!

now to remove that annoying unknown sim error message, you have to root your phone, no way around it! cause the software that error comes from is called "setup wizard" not the one with the android icon! now with that being said, root your phone, download TI BackUP and just freeze ALL THE VERIZON SOFTWARE INCLUDING Setup Wizard that will get rid of the annoying software and its pops from your sight!, and presto you have a fully functioning S5 without the annoying VZ goodies

and dont complain its alot of work cause your the only one that benefits from it, i spent hours perfecting my Verizon S5 and love it!

ill see if i can post the steps more in details later as am at work and try to help as much ppl as i can.
29th April 2015, 01:11 PM |#76  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Possible work-around
I found you don't need to root your device to get rid of that annoying icon. You can also pull down the notification bar, press and hold the icon and go into the app info. From there you can "Force Stop" the app and the message will clear. Even after several reboots the notification does not come back up, or at least it hasn't for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread