USB Port Cover Replacement

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By vennon!, Member on 11th May 2014, 11:24 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th February 2015, 09:22 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I haven't purchased extras yet but I can't see why the eBay ones wouldn't work.

I don't know of videos specifically for this but you can check out videos of basic S4 Active disassembling to see where the screws are etc. It's a very minor job.

Tonight I tried forcing one into place with an eyeglass screwdriver and it worked great, so I guess you don't even have to unscrew the back of the phone! You learn something every day

20th February 2015, 01:00 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziida

I haven't purchased extras yet but I can't see why the eBay ones wouldn't work.

I don't know of videos specifically for this but you can check out videos of basic S4 Active disassembling to see where the screws are etc. It's a very minor job.

Tonight I tried forcing one into place with an eyeglass screwdriver and it worked great, so I guess you don't even have to unscrew the back of the phone! You learn something every day

Wow that's very interesting. I just found that if I push the port in a certain way it closes fully. I shove the right side in all the way and then push up on the part closest to the screen and its very secure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app
29th April 2015, 07:33 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianisawesome1

Can I just buy one off eBay or should I find a specific website to use? Also do you know of any videos that show it being done?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app

batterys are in need
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)