FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Lollipop Xposed Framework Alpha 4 Released

Good news to all Xposed Framework fans. XDA Senior Recognized … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD][XPOSED] MotoMagnetOff - Disable magnet sensor

23rd February 2015, 10:15 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMacThere4iAm

Hi dubidu, this mod looks like what I need for a Moto G 2014 with a faulty magnet sensor that keeps the screen off permanently. Only trouble is, I can't manage to install it without the screen working! Is there any way to temporarily force the effect long enough to install Xposed and MotoMagnetOff?
The handset is rooted already.

I'm in the same boat with my nexus 5, did you make any progress on it. Water damage seems to have made the magnet sensor faulty so it always senses a magnet as present. So the screen immediately locks after I unlock it. I can use adb shell to run whatever commands as root I need but not sure if we can install Xpose and this module without using the phone's screen. An easier method might be to flash a new kernel with the module disabled. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=10 mentions shows where it can be modified in the kernel but I haven't found that source file in the kernel for lollipop and nexus 5.

26th February 2015, 03:40 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I just did
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlollomanx

Anyone have tested this module on lollipop?

Just tested it on lollipop with nexus 5 and it didn't work. Magnetic screen still locks screen as usual.
Guess there's a different function that it need to tie into for lollipop to work. I'd be willing to test any other version if you want to make something for lollipop.
The Following User Says Thank You to superdav42 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2015, 11:16 PM |#93  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tested successfully in lollipop with Samsung galaxy s4 mini i9105. Thanks
29th March 2015, 04:38 PM |#94  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdav42

Just tested it on lollipop with nexus 5 and it didn't work. Magnetic screen still locks screen as usual.
Guess there's a different function that it need to tie into for lollipop to work. I'd be willing to test any other version if you want to make something for lollipop.

This module works for me on lollipop (cm12) using a note 4 with the Samsung flip cover
1st April 2015, 07:08 AM |#95  
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Module works great on moto g 2014. Ringtone with no vibration bug with original moto flip case is solved now.
Just a small request to @dubidu please disable magnet sensor off on alarm ring with vibration also. Alarm rings but without vibration.
12th April 2015, 07:02 PM |#96  

More
Will it work for samsung galaxy mobiles
Will magnet off app work for samsung galaxy mobiles, note, S4, S5 models etc. Does it work without rooting?
15th April 2015, 12:50 AM |#97  

More
Unhappy Moto g2 with 4g model xt1078
[QUOTE=dubidu;49700851]I doubt anyone would need this, but just in case, here is a simple Xposed module to disable the screenoff when the magnet sensor detects some magnetic field around (e.g: cover)

I am having exatly this problem with my case but my screen cell configurations doesnt match with what you are showing here...could you help me please???? Tell me please step by step if possible...

My cell is the MOTO G2 with 4G model XT1078.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

I am having exatly this problem with my case but my screen cell configurations doesnt match with what you are showing here...could you help me please???? Tell me please step by step if possible...

My cell is the MOTO G2 with 4G model XT1078.

Thanks!
15th April 2015, 04:59 AM |#98  

More
Moto g2 with 4g model xt1078
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklosbard

it is useful for those using magnetic car holders

Sent from my phone

How i find such steps in the MOTO G2 XT 1078 ? thanks
28th April 2015, 05:23 AM |#99  
Flag Somewhere
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hello, the module causes reboots on 2013 nexus 7. (Android 5.1)
30th April 2015, 05:13 PM |#100  
Recognized Developer
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Unfortuantely this module does not work for me anymore after updating my S4 from CM11 to Google Play Edition 5.0.1 (Xposed alpha 3 - MagnetOFF 1.8).

The only feature that I am using is "Sleep Off", to avoid problems with my car mount, but MagnetOFF won't prevent the device to display the S-VIEW clock when the magnets are in contact.

I tested MagnetOFF 1.2 too after reading this entire post, but that did not help.

Any update would be greatly appreciated. I am ready to donate to get this work ^^

Thank you very much in advance dubidu.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
magnet xposed disable cover
Previous Thread Next Thread