FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Fujitsu M532 (pegatron chagall) system.img issue (custom ROM)

26th April 2014, 11:10 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello

I'm trying to flash custom ROM for this tablet. I have made rom based on stock rom with Android Kitchen. I also received from fujitsu kernel source code, unfortunetely without make file (lol), so I can not compile it. Still, I'm using stock kernel, CWMR

Problem is that only stock ROM witch it's ORIGINAL *.img files inside works. Nothing other works - android do not boots.
I have tried in many ways and noticed folowing problems:
1. after stock ROM instalaton, I removed content of /system, and than push with adb the SAME /system folder - stops booting
2. Android Kitchen can not unpack stock system.img file
3. Ext2explorer is openig system.img, but with following error:
Code:
Partition Table Error on system.img
Invalid End of sector markerBlock size 4096, inp 8192, inodesize 256
Linux Partition found on disk 2 partition 0
Error reading Inode 0 parent inode 2.
4. The stock ROM has CUSTOM partition.
5. Flashing custom rom trought CWMR with system directory or img is not working - same result as after changing files on system parition
6. Flashing stock rom with unpacked system.img (as folder) is not workig.

This is updater-script of stock ROM:
Code:
run_program("/system/bin/mkdir", "/etc/firmware");
package_extract_file("mcuLoader","/cache/mcuLoader");
run_program("/system/bin/chmod", "777", "/cache/mcuLoader");
package_extract_file("CY8C20324_BAT_16.i2c","/etc/firmware/CY8C20324.i2c");
run_program("/cache/mcuLoader");
run_program("/system/bin/rm", "/etc/firmware/CY8C20324.i2c");
run_program("/system/bin/rm", "/cache/mcuLoader");
sleep(20);
package_extract_file("CY8C20324.i2c","/etc/firmware/CY8C20324.i2c");
unmount("/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "/system");

show_progress(0.500000, 0);
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/LNX");
package_extract_file("system.img", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP");
show_progress(0.200000, 0);
package_extract_file("custom.img", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CUS");
assert(nv_copy_blob_file("blob", "/staging"));
show_progress(0.100000, 0);
What is mcuLoader and *.i2c files for?

Conclusion:
Exchanging almost every file (I menaged to delete odex files and push them again with working result) on system parition prevents booting (before adb starts, so I do not know how to get any logs).

Can anyone help solve the problem?

BTW: It would be nice to create some custom ROMs for this device - It's quite popular, as it is the same tablet as Pegatron Chagall, Olivetti Olipad 3, Siragon N4 and Realpad Bunaken
The Following User Says Thank You to rupertst For This Useful Post: [ View ]

1st December 2014, 08:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Unhappy Help
Hey, i have the Siragon 4N and i accidentally bricked the device and can't go to fastboot mode, can you help me with that? is there any way i can create an update.zip with the original files to flash it with the original recovery? Please Answer me
5th January 2015, 01:52 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupertst

Hello

I'm trying to flash custom ROM for this tablet. I have made rom based on stock rom with Android Kitchen. I also received from fujitsu kernel source code, unfortunetely without make file (lol), so I can not compile it. Still, I'm using stock kernel, CWMR

Problem is that only stock ROM witch it's ORIGINAL *.img files inside works. Nothing other works - android do not boots.
I have tried in many ways and noticed folowing problems:
1. after stock ROM instalaton, I removed content of /system, and than push with adb the SAME /system folder - stops booting
2. Android Kitchen can not unpack stock system.img file
3. Ext2explorer is openig system.img, but with following error:

Code:
Partition Table Error on system.img
Invalid End of sector markerBlock size 4096, inp 8192, inodesize 256
Linux Partition found on disk 2 partition 0
Error reading Inode 0 parent inode 2.
4. The stock ROM has CUSTOM partition.
5. Flashing custom rom trought CWMR with system directory or img is not working - same result as after changing files on system parition
6. Flashing stock rom with unpacked system.img (as folder) is not workig.

This is updater-script of stock ROM:
Code:
run_program("/system/bin/mkdir", "/etc/firmware");
package_extract_file("CY8C20324_BAT_16.i2c","/etc/firmware/CY8C20324.i2c");
run_program("/system/bin/rm", "/etc/firmware/CY8C20324.i2c");
run_program("/system/bin/rm", "/cache/mcuLoader");
sleep(20);
package_extract_file("CY8C20324.i2c","/etc/firmware/CY8C20324.i2c");
unmount("/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "/system");

show_progress(0.500000, 0);
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/LNX");
package_extract_file("system.img", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP");
show_progress(0.200000, 0);
package_extract_file("custom.img", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CUS");
assert(nv_copy_blob_file("blob", "/staging"));
show_progress(0.100000, 0);
What is mcuLoader and *.i2c files for?

Conclusion:
Exchanging almost every file (I menaged to delete odex files and push them again with working result) on system parition prevents booting (before adb starts, so I do not know how to get any logs).

Can anyone help solve the problem?

BTW: It would be nice to create some custom ROMs for this device - It's quite popular, as it is the same tablet as Pegatron Chagall, Olivetti Olipad 3, Siragon N4 and Realpad Bunaken

hey man, i just got the tablet, did you get any progress on your rom? or found any other rom for this deivce?
30th April 2015, 09:53 PM |#4  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question Need boot.img for DNS/Pegatron 110G. ICS 4.03. Franco.kernel updater fails
Hello. I need help and maybe I can somehow help You. I need to reflash DNS/Pegatron 110G, Android 4.03. It is a copy of Fujitsu STYLISTIC M532
I need kernel update- a file boot.img for this device for JB 4.11
The tested procedure of reflashing for Pegatron is to update kernel by franco.kernel updater (FKU) and then update from SD card by M532 firmware pkg with corrected 07 byte. Unfortunately FKU is no more compatible with this device, FKU old versions cannot connect to server. I need kernel file boot.img for this device - there is a good utility from 4pda.ru that also can update kernel. This utility by AlexBlast can do a lot of things trough ADB interface. A link is in attached file. Also I placed a link to nvflash drivers. Nvflash is used to flash Nvidia chipset. I think they will be usefull for You.
I made a backup and took a risk to flash M532 version 14405 without kernel update. Now it hangs after boot but ADB interface works and recovery mode works. So I must make kernel update or make a restore. I need boot.img
I need to attach file since I cannot place outside link in the post
Attached Files
File Type: docx url.docx - [Click for QR Code] (10.9 KB, 2 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread