FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

View Poll Results: Did it worked?

Yes

4 Vote(s)
57.14%
No

3 Vote(s)
42.86%

How to fix the "invalid download uri" problem

412 posts
Thanks Meter: 175

By ntn_labs, Senior Member on 10th February 2014, 12:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th November 2014, 01:17 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Did this with Root Explorer, just want to mention, permission 771 should be granted not only for cache folder, but to every sub-folder.

Anyway thanx, this is really working solution.

23rd December 2014, 09:07 PM |#12  
Electric Ladyland
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Just a quick note: Noticed this error after installing the Xposed Module "Root Cloak". Since this error only showed up for root apps I figured that was the problem. Was able to update (TiBU and Greenify) by disabling Root Cloak - rebooting - updating - re-enabling Root Cloak.

Not sure what item I added to Root Cloak that is causing this issue, but for now this "solved" the problem for me.
17th January 2015, 09:41 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merman1983

Just a quick note: Noticed this error after installing the Xposed Module "Root Cloak". Since this error only showed up for root apps I figured that was the problem. Was able to update (TiBU and Greenify) by disabling Root Cloak - rebooting - updating - re-enabling Root Cloak.

Not sure what item I added to Root Cloak that is causing this issue, but for now this "solved" the problem for me.

Dead or not I have ran into the exact same thing twice. First time was right after root cloak, and this time its been a while. That and a bad memory had me end up here. Root Cloak or not a simple fix permissions in something as old as ROM Manager or just do it in custom recovery fixed it for me. Android 4.3. Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 rooted stock with multi user. I note multi user because it has also caused me some grief due to knox magically appearing in the second user even though completely removed from ROM and also must enable multi user root in supersu. Thanks for making me chase permissions instead of go after the old sd card mount issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to sysmai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2015, 02:07 AM |#14  
Electric Ladyland
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Fixing permissions worked for me thanks!
30th April 2015, 10:03 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Red face Solution to "Invalid download URI."
After some time of troubleshooting this issue, and performing all the previously recommended steps, we believe we found a really easy solution. In fact, I feel really frustrated that I didn't do this to begin with, but hey, live and learn.

This solution will typically work for folks who are getting this on almost every app, with a few exceptions. You may notice that some apps will install while others throw this "Invalid download URI." When an app is downloaded, the installer will then look to see where the app wants to install. Most of the time, these apps request to use the "SD Card" mount point. On most Android devices, even if you do not have a SD card installed, you will still have a SD Card mount point, which simply points to another location within the phones storage. It turns out that in this case, the S4 we were working on, had a SD card installed, but it was defective. So the installer would attempt to perform the installation step, but since the SD card wasn't responding appropriately, we would get this "Invalid download URI" error. After the card was removed, the Play store began functioning normally and apps would install without any issues.

Hopefully this helps everyone who had no success with the cache clearing and permission change solutions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google play invalid download uri
Previous Thread Next Thread