FORUMS

Android System WebView Update – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Android Webview is a system component powered by Chrome that allows Android … more

Hands-on With T-Mo LG G4 and Q&A

XDA Senior Member WinDroidGuy posted a hands-on video of the T-Mobile LG G4, and he is now … more

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Tool] WhatsApp Key/DB Extractor | OFFICIAL | CRYPT8 | NON-ROOT | UPDATED APRIL 2015

29th April 2015, 05:57 AM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripCode

Please DO NOT install ANY patched WhatsApp APK's. Install the latest WhatsApp APK from the Google Play Store or from the Official WhatsApp Website.

Then download and run: WhatsApp Key/DB Extractor (the one attached to the first post in this thread).

I told you so, that I have with the latest original WhatsApp this error message how okunova!

Edit:
It works with your attached version 1.6! Why failed 1.9 its a riddle!

P.S. Its possible to run the script without an internet connection? I already have the legacy whatsapp.apk in tmn folder The tool breaks off without an internet connection !
Last edited by maikwars; 29th April 2015 at 09:31 AM.

29th April 2015, 06:54 PM |#132  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maikwars

It works with your attached version 1.6! Why failed 1.9 its a riddle!

P.S. Its possible to run the script without an internet connection? I already have the legacy whatsapp.apk in tmn folder The tool breaks off without an internet connection !

I have not released a 1.9 version (see the change log in my original post). You are probably referring to the fork on GitHub by Abinash Bishoyi? I do not maintain this unofficial fork, so you would have to go to Abinash for support on his version. I believe his version 1.9 is based on my 1.1 release.

As for running offline. It needs to be online to download the legacy WhatsApp version, which it will save to: tmp\LegacyWhatsApp.apk (relative from the bat file directory). Once it has been downloaded then it will function offline, if you remove the line of code that uploads the crypt key to whatcrypt first.
Last edited by TripCode; 29th April 2015 at 07:00 PM.
30th April 2015, 09:37 AM |#133  

More
Quote:

I have not released a 1.9 version (see the change log in my original post). You are probably referring to the fork on GitHub by Abinash Bishoyi? I do not maintain this unofficial fork, so you would have to go to Abinash for support on his version. I believe his version 1.9 is based on my 1.1 release.

As for running offline. It needs to be online to download the legacy WhatsApp version, which it will save to: tmp\LegacyWhatsApp.apk (relative from the bat file directory). Once it has been downloaded then it will function offline, if you remove the line of code that uploads the crypt key to whatcrypt first.

Right it was Abinash's version

So for running offline...it breaks off after bin\curl.exe. To remove the codelines against uploading keyfile isnt successfull!
Last edited by maikwars; 30th April 2015 at 09:39 AM.
30th April 2015, 12:51 PM |#134  
OP Member

More
Quote:

So for running offline...it breaks off after bin\curl.exe. To remove the codelines against uploading keyfile isnt successfull!

Try the attached bat file in the same directory as the original, making sure that LegacyWhatsApp.apk exists in tmp/.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OfflineBat.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.5 KB, 22 views)
30th April 2015, 01:24 PM |#135  

More
Quote:

Try the attached bat file in the same directory as the original, making sure that LegacyWhatsApp.apk exists in tmp/.

Thank you for edit our script. I almost removed the right code lines

But now it contains an bug.

Make a Backup
install legacy apk from tmp
Start backup (confirm it on my device)....starts and then crashs my Whatsapp-App at my device. Script doesnt run anymore. I pressed Ctrl+C, the script abort this step and make the restore to current whatsapp version (2.12.56), WhatsApp is still crashing, a device reboot solved this problem.
30th April 2015, 05:51 PM |#136  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Thank you for edit our script. I almost removed the right code lines

But now it contains an bug.

Make a Backup
install legacy apk from tmp
Start backup (confirm it on my device)....starts and then crashs my Whatsapp-App at my device. Script doesnt run anymore. I pressed Ctrl+C, the script abort this step and make the restore to current whatsapp version (2.12.56), WhatsApp is still crashing, a device reboot solved this problem.

No worries. That most likely occurred due to WhatsApp being open on the device at the time, or perhaps even adb being oh so random. Just run the bat again or like you say, just reboot the device. The bat file is pretty harmless when it fails (for whatever reason).
30th April 2015, 06:44 PM |#137  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Great method..will try today nly
1st May 2015, 02:33 AM |#138  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharloz_jc

I have reviewed the "Extract" folder and there was the key. I have managed to decrypt it.

Thanks for the help and the tool!

PD: sorry for my bad English, I use translator is haha.

I've successfully done all the processes BUT I can find the Whatsapp key anywhere. It's not appearing in the extract folder. Any ideas where it could be or why I can find it?
1st May 2015, 10:04 AM |#139  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordTam

I've successfully done all the processes BUT I can find the Whatsapp key anywhere. It's not appearing in the extract folder. Any ideas where it could be or why I can find it?

It should be located in the "extracted" directory, relative from the WhatsAppKeyExtract.bat file. If the key and databases are not there, then the process failed, in which case you should re-run. If it still fails you should take a screenshot of the cmd window and post it here so I or someone else can advise you further.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crypt, crypt5, crypt8, smsbackup, whatsapp
Previous Thread Next Thread