FORUMS

XPrivacy for Android Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Have you ever been on the Google Play Store and saw an app that you wanted to … more

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] AT&T SM-P907a Root?.

22nd January 2015, 08:56 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
When I run TowerRoot it says the my SM-P907A is not compatible with towelroot, so I cannot root? How did you guys accomplish root with towelroot with this message?

22nd January 2015, 09:02 PM |#32  

More
I could root my SM-907A with Towelroot when I got it. because the kernel was dated before Jun 3, 2014.
Then one day I got an update from AT&T and accidentally clicked it; it updated my kernel or broadband version to a newer one that towelroot doesn't work on, so I lost room.

Now when I try to Towelroot, I get the same message as you.

On the plus side I can now cast my screen to Chromecast.
22nd January 2015, 10:14 PM |#33  

More
Are there any root methods that work with SM-P907A with a later version (november)? Will it trip knox if so?
23rd January 2015, 09:30 PM |#34  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moveit124

Are there any root methods that work with SM-P907A with a later version (november)? Will it trip knox if so?

I couldn't find one last I looked.. You might be able to downgrade your Kernel/Broadband etc with Odin and then use Towelroot....

If you find a way without doing that, please post back here.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveit124

I couldn't find one last I looked.. You might be able to downgrade your Kernel/Broadband etc with Odin and then use Towelroot....

11th February 2015, 10:59 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xigam

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

I used the files from this thread to revert back just as you described. Rooted easily after this with Towelroot.
The Following User Says Thank You to truthfriend7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2015, 06:02 AM |#36  
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthfriend7

I used the files from this thread to revert back just as you described. Rooted easily after this with Towelroot.

I odined it and thank God it's now rooted, thank you for the link!
2nd March 2015, 12:22 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have Build KOT49H.P907AUCU1AND7
Used towelroot just fine.

Kernel is Tue Apr 29 2014
Last edited by dima202; 2nd March 2015 at 12:24 PM.
1st May 2015, 08:15 PM |#38  

More
Angry
Confirmed that Note 3 SafeStrap works. But now that I have a safestrap but no rom to install :/ I tried P905 stock rom but Odin kept failing and wouldn't let me flash. Haven't try the custom rom for P900 yet. Anyone played around with those before?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread