FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Guide] Know your Device:Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i ~Root~Odin~CWM~ROM LIST |2014.04.08|

10th August 2014, 08:56 PM |#21  
Flag root
Thanks Meter: 10

More
firmware
Where can i get the stock firmware?

13th August 2014, 02:40 PM |#22  
Flag *MUMBAI*
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanwlk

Where can i get the stock firmware?

Here you go and follow instruction
http://firealby.blogspot.in/2013/05/...msung.html?m=1

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk 2
23rd February 2015, 07:03 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Younes kalali

who Is the best rom for S5830i ??

There are some major issues with your Questions in my opinions though :
1. General section is reserved for tutorials/Tips / FAQ of Roms @ Developer section and certainly not for being abused like this .
2. We got help section for any kind of issues our members might encounter, So use it wisely.
3. Recommending some candidate as a 'Best ROM ever' for your device is simply against the Rules of XDA . ( just try experimenting with distinguished names from this topic or reading through FAQ posts in this section will help you for instance .)

Hope I did Help you
1st May 2015, 12:54 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Guys, i just wanted to clear up some stuff. I'm fairly new to this, so sorry about the old questions:

The GT-S5830i and GT-S5830M(the one i have) are the same, right? So when i read threads like this one, i should assume that it also works on the M variant, right?

Am i getting a nice bump on performance or battery life when installing a certain rom, or both are the same with my stock rom with the last updates? Because honestly, what i really wanted is root and then install something like APP2SD to mitigate the low internal space on the phone.
1st May 2015, 06:55 PM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orelha

Guys, i just wanted to clear up some stuff. I'm fairly new to this, so sorry about the old questions:

The GT-S5830i and GT-S5830M(the one i have) are the same, right? So when i read threads like this one, i should assume that it also works on the M variant, right?

Am i getting a nice bump on performance or battery life when installing a certain rom, or both are the same with my stock rom with the last updates? Because honestly, what i really wanted is root and then install something like APP2SD to mitigate the low internal space on the phone.

M variant ( apparently Chile and some Latin American countries you come from) would fall under the same hardware category ( Broadcom BCM21553, ARMv6) , which most of the roms such as CM11 unofficial was optimized to work with ,, so yeh go ahead and try development sub forum for s5830i/C/M/s5839i materials and for your internal issue , re-partition your sd card into ext2/ext4 ( 500~1024 MB ) and swap ( 0 MB ) through Clockwork mod advanced section , then instal Link2sd from play store and linked all of the intrusive apps to your sd-ext partition you have created for your non CM Custom Rom/stocked Rom ( ext2/ext4 ) . For CM based Romes we use S2E app/script which is customized to work with these kind of custom roms without any conflict .
In regards of battery and performance concerns , you will benefit from newer stock firmware you downloaded from i,e : sammobile database firmware over your old stock one .
The Following User Says Thank You to ehsanotaku For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2015, 08:34 PM |#26  

More
Post Clockwordmod
thanks for the valuable information. is there way to permanently replace the stock recovery of S5830i with clockworkmod recovery?
2nd May 2015, 01:53 AM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehsanotaku

M variant ( apparently Chile and some Latin American countries you come from) would fall under the same hardware category ( Broadcom BCM21553, ARMv6) , which most of the roms such as CM11 unofficial was optimized to work with ,, so yeh go ahead and try development sub forum for s5830i/C/M/s5839i materials and for your internal issue , re-partition your sd card into ext2/ext4 ( 500~1024 MB ) and swap ( 0 MB ) through Clockwork mod advanced section , then instal Link2sd from play store and linked all of the intrusive apps to your sd-ext partition you have created for your non CM Custom Rom/stocked Rom ( ext2/ext4 ) . For CM based Romes we use S2E app/script which is customized to work with these kind of custom roms without any conflict .
In regards of battery and performance concerns , you will benefit from newer stock firmware you downloaded from i,e : sammobile database firmware over your old stock one .

Thank you very much for your help.
2nd May 2015, 08:37 AM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llranga

thanks for the valuable information. is there way to permanently replace the stock recovery of S5830i with clockworkmod recovery?

I would advise against the replacement of stock kernel with custom kernels for many technical reasons , which come with built in modules and CWM embedded inside your device permanently . However you may do so , but before flashing it on top of your stock firmware please study this post for arguments/counter arguments about merit of this action . For correct installation method you can ask me if you are not convinced , after reading my comments there anyway. ( read three pages fully ).

Hope I did help you
The Following User Says Thank You to ehsanotaku For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cooperve, gt-s5830i, gt-s5830i/m/c/89i, samsung galaxy ace
Previous Thread Next Thread