FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Downgrade from 4.4.2 back to 4.3!!

114 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By droidan, Senior Member on 31st May 2014, 06:24 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th April 2015, 01:46 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timstlast

Hi, I got courage because of your post and decided to try it. I hated the new multi-window side-swipe drawer and immersive mode, some apps not accessing sd card, etc, etc. So, with bated breath I reverted to 4.3 JB on my Singapore edition of the P605 and Voila! all my frustrations sovled. I odined the stock ROM, and Towelrooted my device and loaded SuperSu from the play store. I love my tablet again. Thanks so much.

Are you able to use multi-window in 4.3?

16th April 2015, 03:07 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporarium

Are you able to use multi-window in 4.3?

Yes. That is one of the main reasons I went back. The side-swipe from the right on KK for multi-window screws around with apps that have scrollbars. JB has just a little dimple on the left. It can also be de-activated by long holding the back key, if you wish and it can be placed vertically anywhere you wish. Pita immersive mode is also gone. Immersive mode hides the top status bar, which some apps rely on. Restricted access to the sd card is also gone. (even with kk sd card fixer, some apps like ezpdf, still cannot save to the external sd card on kk). Since reverting absolutely everything works perfectly as before.

In my humble opinion, the Note 10.1 2014 was designed to run on JB, not KK. As with most devices, upgrading to newer ROM that the phone was not designed for messes around with features and creates bugs.
The Following User Says Thank You to timstlast For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2015, 11:32 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Do you find that some things don't work quite as well as under KK? I'm referring to all the S-stuff...
18th April 2015, 03:27 AM |#44  
MartinTN
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:

Hi, I got courage because of your post and decided to try it. I hated the new multi-window side-swipe drawer and immersive mode, some apps not accessing sd card, etc, etc. So, with bated breath I reverted to 4.3 JB on my Singapore edition of the P605 and Voila! all my frustrations sovled. I odined the stock ROM, and Towelrooted my device and loaded SuperSu from the play store. I love my tablet again. Thanks so much.

Just got a Note 10.1 p605 (Verizon, USA). Where do I find the 4.3 software I need and what steps do I do to get this done. Do I use Odin to install 4.3? Sorry. Been out of the root game for a while. Thanks
20th April 2015, 02:26 PM |#45  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporarium

Do you find that some things don't work quite as well as under KK? I'm referring to all the S-stuff...

All the S Stuff seems, for me at least, to work just as well. If someone knows different, feel free to correct me.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly33

Just got a Note 10.1 p605 (Verizon, USA). Where do I find the 4.3 software I need and what steps do I do to get this done. Do I use Odin to install 4.3? Sorry. Been out of the root game for a while. Thanks

For the firmware: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
I used Odin.
After reboot, I installed Towelroot: https://towelroot.com/ and launched it.
I then installed SuperSu from the play store and launched it and let it do it's thing.
Finally, and this is totally optional, I installed Nova Launcher so My Magazine doesn't pop up when pressing home button. ( I couldn't find a way to disable My Magazine completely so I use Nova Launcher, It also has quite a few other nice features)

As I said earlier: I love my Tablet again. Everything seems for me to be so much more intuitive and operational.
The Following User Says Thank You to timstlast For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2015, 08:45 PM |#46  
MartinTN
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:

All the S Stuff seems, for me at least, to work just as well. If someone knows different, feel free to correct me.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

For the firmware: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
I used Odin.
After reboot, I installed Towelroot: https://towelroot.com/ and launched it.
I then installed SuperSu from the play store and launched it and let it do it's thing.
Finally, and this is totally optional, I installed Nova Launcher so My Magazine doesn't pop up when pressing home button. ( I couldn't find a way to disable My Magazine completely so I use Nova Launcher, It also has quite a few other nice features)

As I said earlier: I love my Tablet again. Everything seems for me to be so much more intuitive and operational.

I got it rooted, thanks. As far as My Magazine and a ton of other stuff, I use Titanium and freeze all the stuff I don't use. Now....any suggestions on a solid ROM?
The Following User Says Thank You to ckelly33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2015, 04:16 PM |#47  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly33

I got it rooted, thanks. As far as My Magazine and a ton of other stuff, I use Titanium and freeze all the stuff I don't use. Now....any suggestions on a solid ROM?

Thanks for the suggestion for Titanium. As for the ROM, I have yet to find a custom ROM for 4.3 that I like. I just use the stock from sammobile.
2nd May 2015, 10:26 AM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion for Titanium. As for the ROM, I have yet to find a custom ROM for 4.3 that I like. I just use the stock from sammobile.

any solution for this problem?<ID:0/009> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> P601XXUAMJ5_P601OLBAMJ1_P601XXUAMIA_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/009> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/009> Initialzation..
<ID:0/009> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/009> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/009> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/009> sboot.bin
<ID:0/009> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/009> FAIL!
<ID:0/009>
<ID:0/009> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

and the Odin Mode says:

"SW REV. CHECK FAIL. DEVICE: 3, BINARY: 1"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread