FORUMS

Hands-on With T-Mo LG G4 and Q&A

XDA Senior Member WinDroidGuy posted a hands-on video of the T-Mobile LG G4, and he is now … more

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more

Galaxy S6 Shipping with Different Camera Models

One of the Galaxy S6’s most flaunted features is its spectacular camera, its 16MP … more

View Poll Results: Have you been unlocked your bootloader using either method?

YES, I'M UNLOCKED IN ALL ITS GLORY

108 Vote(s)
56.54%
NO, NEITHER WORKED

25 Vote(s)
13.09%
I WANT TO, BUT I DONT TRUST IT

58 Vote(s)
30.37%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Potential Bootloader Unlock for Non-Dev Edition

25th April 2015, 03:56 PM |#901  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 214

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by damm315er

I don't see how necromancy has anything to do with "no, the GSM unlock is not the same as unlocking to be able to root"..

Some of us work 50 to 60 hour weeks, and don't have the time to read through 7 different 95 page threads looking for the specific bit of information, and ask questions instead. Hoping to get answers instead of snide remarks that not only don't answer the question, and also show that you didn't even really read the entire post and only saw a certain keyword before snapping off a snide remark..

Please reread my post, and understand why you came off as a douchebag.

I answered your post, no need to get butthurt. It's just that I think if you have a question you should start a new thread, but no harm, no foul. And I also read your post, and answered accordingly. If you can't understand that, maybe you shouldn't go online.

25th April 2015, 04:05 PM |#902  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenameisnigel

I answered your post, no need to get butthurt. It's just that I think if you have a question you should start a new thread, but no harm, no foul. And I also read your post, and answered accordingly. If you can't understand that, maybe you shouldn't go online.

Your answer to the specific question in my post is about as valid, as me answering "seven" to you asking if the sky was blue or grey..

butthurt is not the word I would use on my part, simply disgusted that people like you are even allowed in forums like this.
25th April 2015, 04:16 PM |#903  
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Your answer to the specific question in my post is about as valid, as me answering "seven" to you asking if the sky was blue or grey..

butthurt is not the word I would use on my part, simply disgusted that people like you are even allowed in forums like this.

If you really think I'm bad then you'd hate the rest of the forums considering most people here hate when threads are revived with questions that aren't relevant at all. I was not trying to intentionally be mean until you decided to start name-calling after I said something jokingly.

Now back to your question, I second glanced your question just to make sure I was right, and yes I am. Which now has me wondering do you even understand what you asked considering I answered your question already. If you really had to ask that question, I doubt you should really be bashing me considering it seems that I know a lot more on the subject than you.

GSM Unlock Code = Unlocks the phone to be used on other carriers / Not needed since the phone is already unlocked and it'll be a waste of money and does nothing to help you root.

Bootloader Unlock Code = Unlocks the phone's bootloader allowing it to be rooted and flash different ROMs and kernels.
Last edited by thenameisnigel; 25th April 2015 at 04:22 PM.
25th April 2015, 04:24 PM |#904  

More
Quote:

If you really think I'm bad then you'd hate the rest of the forums considering most people here hate when threads are revived with questions that aren't relevant at all. I was not trying to intentionally be mean until you decided to start name-calling after I said something jokingly.

Now back to your question, I second glanced your question just to make sure I was right, and yes I am. Which now has me wondering do you even understand what you asked considering I answered your question already. If you really had to ask that question, I doubt you should really be bashing me considering it seems that I know a lot more on the subject than you.

GSM Unlock Code = Unlocks the phone to be used on other carriers / Not needed since the phone is already unlocked and it'll be a waste of money and does nothing to help you root.

Bootloader Unlock Code = Unlocks the phone's bootloader allowing it to be rooted and flash different ROMs and kernels.

It is not your skill level that is lacking, it is your personality.

Have a nice day.
25th April 2015, 04:25 PM |#905  
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So my Thunderbolt is on it's last legs, and I want to keep my unlimited Verizon 4G data plan, so I need to buy a phone outright and transfer service instead of taking the subsidized upgrade and getting data capped..

I spot a refurb Ultra that is 'unlocked for use with GSM cards' (I visit friends in Canada regularly, so ability to use GSM for data up there is great!!) for $85. So I do a quick search for root, see they are rootable, and drop the coin for the phone. When the phone arrives I see it's 4.4.4 and the public rooting for them is only on 4.4.2, or pay for an 'unlock' code.

Is the "unlock for GSM" the same as the unlock needed for rooting?

Quote:

It was not your skill level that is lacking, it is your personality.

Have a nice day.

You too, thank you.
30th April 2015, 03:41 PM |#906  
Gujrat

More
Question Can I
I have Droid Razr HD (XT926) on latest firmware, Can I unlock the bootloader using this thing.
30th April 2015, 03:43 PM |#907  
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidGeeker

I have Droid Razr HD (XT926) on latest firmware, Can I unlock the bootloader using this thing.

Wrong forum, I doubt anyone here knows, it'd probably be a lot better and helpful to visit the correct forum, that way you can get up to date information.
30th April 2015, 03:53 PM |#908  
Gujrat

More
Quote:

Wrong forum, I doubt anyone here knows, it'd probably be a lot better and helpful to visit the correct forum, that way you can get up to date information.

I just want to know that if find a seller on that mentioned site who is saying that he will unlock the bootloader, So is this reliable or not.
Last edited by AndroidGeeker; 30th April 2015 at 03:57 PM.
30th April 2015, 09:23 PM |#909  
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I just want to know that if find a seller on that mentioned site who is saying that he will unlock the bootloader, So is this reliable or not.

The XT926 has a root method and boot loader unlock in it's forums that's free. Again, wrong forum bro.
3rd May 2015, 12:29 AM |#910  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:

Not possible on the latest firmware for the HD. I am selling my bootloader unlocked Razr HD Maxx on swappa though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread