FORUMS

No, Android Apps on Windows Mobile Isn’t a Good Thing

As Symbian and Blackberry OS gradually gave way to Android and iOS towards … more

Editorial: XDA Team Experiences & Why We Love the Site

For many power users, Android and XDA go hand in hand. The sheer amount of apps, … more

Xiaomi Mi5 Specs Leaked, CyanogenMod SDK – XDA TV

CyanogenMod is going to release their own SDK! That and much more news is … more

Themes for SM-N910U Exynos Note 4

Samsung has too many phone variants for their flagships, which leaves out users incapable of getting … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ODIN][TAR] I545VRUFNC5 Factory and No-Wipe Odin tars

25th April 2015, 02:13 AM |#181  
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashaphily

hello everyone!can somebody tell me please this is 4.4.2 update (I am on 4.3 mk2) ? If I will update to 4.4.2, and something will going bad... I will able to go back to 4.3 after?

yes, this is 4.4.2
you won't be able to go back to 4.3.
you should be able to run custom ROMs on your bootloader if you want to but there's not a huge difference as far as i can tell in the capability of the mk2 bl vs nc5
The Following User Says Thank You to skepticmisfit For This Useful Post: [ View ]

25th April 2015, 07:14 PM |#182  
Flag Phily
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[QUOTE=skepticmisfit;60335183]yes, this is 4.4.2
you should be able to run custom ROMs on your bootloader if you want to but there's not a huge difference as far as i can tell in the capability of the mk2 bl vs nc5[/QUOTE

I ask because I try HyperDrive Rls 21 and have Gallery issue....before I flash new ROM I always do full wipe...so I was on verizon 4.3 MK2.... I go up to 4.4.2 KK... I use THIS link to go to 4.4.2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2726868 follow all of instruction...then I flash rls 21 (and have gallery issue)))...but I search on the forum and find update from this thread for 4.4.2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2735172... so what the difference between this 2 roms ( I meen 4.4.2 links)))???because after BAd flash HyperDrive 21 (I was on 4.4.2) after I use odin and go back to 4.3....so you sure about I cant be able go to 4.3 after I will flash update 4.4.2 from this thread ?And what you think probably that 1st link for 4.4.2 BAD, and if I will flash 4.4.2 from this thread my issue with gallery will gone?any ideas???hope you can understand what I write....sorry for my english....
25th April 2015, 08:17 PM |#183  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
my s4 sch-i545 safestrap installed it is on kitkat and i want to remove it, what should i do?
Last edited by john-ammu; 25th April 2015 at 08:23 PM.
26th April 2015, 12:02 AM |#184  
Thanks Meter: 225

More
[QUOTE=sashaphily;60348508]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit

yes, this is 4.4.2
you should be able to run custom ROMs on your bootloader if you want to but there's not a huge difference as far as i can tell in the capability of the mk2 bl vs nc5[/QUOTE

I ask because I try HyperDrive Rls 21 and have Gallery issue....before I flash new ROM I always do full wipe...so I was on verizon 4.3 MK2.... I go up to 4.4.2 KK... I use THIS link to go to 4.4.2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2726868 follow all of instruction...then I flash rls 21 (and have gallery issue)))...but I search on the forum and find update from this thread for 4.4.2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2735172... so what the difference between this 2 roms ( I meen 4.4.2 links)))???because after BAd flash HyperDrive 21 (I was on 4.4.2) after I use odin and go back to 4.3....so you sure about I cant be able go to 4.3 after I will flash update 4.4.2 from this thread ?And what you think probably that 1st link for 4.4.2 BAD, and if I will flash 4.4.2 from this thread my issue with gallery will gone?any ideas???hope you can understand what I write....sorry for my english....

if you're still on Hyperdrive, you can try an app from google play called quickpic (its a replacement gallery)
as far as restoring to a stock ROM, just flash nc5 tar through Odin. follow the directions carefully.
27th April 2015, 08:23 PM |#185  
Thanks Meter: 394

More
Someone with an NK1 device tried to root their device and now they are sending it back.

I agree these are NC5, but I can not find an NK1 odin for him to use..

Their boot screen has the 'unlock' symbol on it.. can they use these images to wipe/full wipe to make the 'unlock' symbol go away?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Mystique; 27th April 2015 at 08:28 PM. Reason: NC / NK mixup
Yesterday, 02:45 AM |#186  

More
Question Help! Installed lollipop
Installed 5.0.1 ota and s voice stopped working, tried to do the full wipe from here and get fail error. Can I not flash an older firmware?
Yesterday, 02:59 AM |#187  
Flag Reston
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadooman

Installed 5.0.1 ota and s voice stopped working, tried to do the full wipe from here and get fail error. Can I not flash an older firmware?

If you install ota update, you lose the ability to flash older firmware.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
Yesterday, 03:39 AM |#188  

More
Noooo! Is there anyway to go back to4.4. 2?
Yesterday, 03:47 AM |#189  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadooman

Noooo! Is there anyway to go back to4.4. 2?

You're hit. Never take an OTA. It's the (unofficial) cardinal rule here at xda. Just hope someone finds a new exploit to root oc1. The OTA updated the bootloader, and that strips away the ability to downgrade. And Towelroot won't work on oc1 at least for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to ATGkompressor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, factory tar, kies, odin, sch-i545
Previous Thread Next Thread