FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

HTC Desire 816 Power Button Issue.

2nd May 2015, 11:08 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar600

God!! Just sell the mother freaking defective handset! Why cause so much pain to yourself!!!

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

The handset isn't defective anymore

It's really an easy fix once you know what to do. I just tried to be as concise as possible in case someone else wanted to try and fix a sticking power button without disassembling their 816.

In any case, I really like the phone (minus the issue with the power button) and it is basically the best device on Virgin Mobile (US) that was under $200 USD. I thought I'd try to repair it and if I couldn't get it working, then no harm no foul - I would just return it and hope the replacement didn't have any issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to beeristasty For This Useful Post: [ View ]

3rd May 2015, 04:07 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeristasty

The handset isn't defective anymore

It's really an easy fix once you know what to do. I just tried to be as concise as possible in case someone else wanted to try and fix a sticking power button without disassembling their 816.

In any case, I really like the phone (minus the issue with the power button) and it is basically the best device on Virgin Mobile (US) that was under $200 USD. I thought I'd try to repair it and if I couldn't get it working, then no harm no foul - I would just return it and hope the replacement didn't have any issues.

Man you've got some amazing patience. Happy that the phone is working fine for you. Cheers!

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faulty device, frustraiting, hardware button, lock button
Previous Thread Next Thread