FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

HTC Desire 816 Power Button Issue.

479 posts
Thanks Meter: 226

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2nd May 2015, 11:08 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar600

God!! Just sell the mother freaking defective handset! Why cause so much pain to yourself!!!

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

The handset isn't defective anymore

It's really an easy fix once you know what to do. I just tried to be as concise as possible in case someone else wanted to try and fix a sticking power button without disassembling their 816.

In any case, I really like the phone (minus the issue with the power button) and it is basically the best device on Virgin Mobile (US) that was under $200 USD. I thought I'd try to repair it and if I couldn't get it working, then no harm no foul - I would just return it and hope the replacement didn't have any issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to beeristasty For This Useful Post: [ View ]

3rd May 2015, 04:07 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeristasty

The handset isn't defective anymore

It's really an easy fix once you know what to do. I just tried to be as concise as possible in case someone else wanted to try and fix a sticking power button without disassembling their 816.

In any case, I really like the phone (minus the issue with the power button) and it is basically the best device on Virgin Mobile (US) that was under $200 USD. I thought I'd try to repair it and if I couldn't get it working, then no harm no foul - I would just return it and hope the replacement didn't have any issues.

Man you've got some amazing patience. Happy that the phone is working fine for you. Cheers!

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faulty device, frustraiting, hardware button, lock button
Previous Thread Next Thread