[Boot Animation] S4-BIOS Kit with PSD files (Flashable AOSP and TW versions)

Search This thread

RobertR_01

Mar 10, 2012
Where is 4.4.2 +

So im currently running skyfall rom on I337 ATT S4 with Safestrap, I'm still playing with all the little things and learning as I go. I liked this so I tried it and it worked great but I would love a 4.4.2 version and perhaps even a 4.4.4 or even 5.0.
edit:
I read the whole thread again and I see that the "kit" was included so that anyone could update for new versions ect. and figured I would give it a try.

I downloaded the "kit", will I need to edit every photo in the file including the ones in the zip within the zip? (limited obviously to the ones that display android version)
If I were to edit every pic in there to update 4.2 to my choice, what would I need to do with it after that so that I can make it a flashable zip?

Last edited:

RobertR_01

Mar 10, 2012
OK, so now I have edited the photos now what?
Here is what I have so far, hopefully someone will see this and help me make it a flashable zip.
S4 A-BIOS Boot Animation Kit 4.4.2

Edit:
well my last post was posted at 1:30 am and I had just finished editing a bunch of photos, any way building on what I had I searched and found a bootanimation tutorial I'll be working on in the near future. Once I get it working I'll post my results

Last edited:
Reactions: bigron77

Zehlek

Just created this Android BIOS (modified for the S4) 1080x1920 bootanimation and thought I'd share it.

s4bios.gif

(Revised GIF and TW version by Tylorw1)

Full quality stills:

JMz2V3Bl.png

fYa3h1Bl.png

MiCttdal.png

Download: AOSP | TouchWiz

AOSP install procedure: Place in "system/media" via a root browser and set the correct permissions.
TouchWiz install procedure: Flash ZIP in recovery

Download PSD Kit | Use this to create different android versions and create your own custom versions as well!
Can you please make one for lollipop?

Reactions: hankbizzo5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just created this Android BIOS (modified for the S4) 1080x1920 bootanimation and thought I'd share it.

s4bios.gif

(Revised GIF and TW version by Tylorw1)

Full quality stills:

JMz2V3Bl.png

fYa3h1Bl.png

MiCttdal.png

Download: AOSP | TouchWiz

AOSP install procedure: Place in "system/media" via a root browser and set the correct permissions.
    TouchWiz install procedure: Flash ZIP in recovery

Download PSD Kit | Use this to create different android versions and create your own custom versions as well!
    Bjray,

First I'd like to say thank you! I love bios bootanimations and this is the one I use with every ROM. However I am now using CM 10.2 and as you know that Android 4.3. Would mind maybe releasing one for 4.3?

Designing one for Android 4.3 and the i9500. Should be out soon with better animation quality and speed.
    I'm currently having problems with my RAM and Photoshop doesn't like that lol. Looks like I'm gonna have to do a RMA and have some downtime... :(
    its a no go here, att s4 running shostock

awesome thanks
    But notnworking with ktoonsez kernel

Running ktoonesz kernel and will NOT work.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy S 4

im on stock is there a way to just flash a kernal in stead of a rom so i can change my boot animation?
    if so where can i get one for GS4 SGH-M919 MDL (t-mobile)??
    i just dont want to go thru all that rom flashing jazz. BTW i already took out the carrier boot logo and changed the sound ;)

:silly:

Guys, this is a .ZIP bootanimation. You must confirm if your kernel uses: .ZIP or .QMG bootanimations. Stock TouchWiz and TouchWiz BASED Kernels do NOT support .ZIP bootanimations.

If you're using ktoonsez kernels make sure it's the AOSP (only if you're using a AOSP based ROM obviously) version. I'm running "KT-SGS4 AOSP 7-11-2013" myself and it works fine.

Hope this help's in understanding why it won't work for some of you :) I might start making .QMG bootanimations also if I can get the hang of Samsung Theme Designer
    anybody with any issues setting up a boot animation and have a custom recovery you can flash the "enable file" listed below (also keep disable in case anything goes wrong) and use OP instruction co put boot animation in media folder and then it will work. No need to fiddle with .ZIP or .QMG, it just simply works. If anybody needs a full guide, i'll be glad to write one

please visit this post for more info: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31833122&postcount=4
    [REQ] Android 4.3

Bjray,

First I'd like to say thank you! I love bios bootanimations and this is the one I use with every ROM. However I am now using CM 10.2 and as you know that Android 4.3. Would mind maybe releasing one for 4.3?