FORUMS

T-Mobile Steps Up The War Against Verizon

T-Mobile has today launched a new attack on Verizon under the tagline of “Never Settle … more

Multi DPI Apps for Galaxy Note 4

Samsung stock apps do not scale to non-stock DPIs, which can prove annoying to those that want to … more

Google #StepInsideAdWords Event Livestream

Ahead of the annual I/O conference scheduled to take place later this month, the Google … more

How Much Do You Pay for Your Wireless Bill?

With so many different carriers and options to choose from, it can sometimes be quite a task … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[how to] lock/unlock your bootloader without htcdev(s-off required)

25th March 2015, 04:13 PM |#291  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 12,820

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICH_**

omg i didnt know booting TWRP is possible through adb on PC thank you, i achieved it!

You don't boot it through adb. You boot it through fastboot. They aren't the same thing. But I'm glad you were able to figure it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]

3rd April 2015, 12:22 AM |#292  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
nevermind
Last edited by 18rmiller; 3rd April 2015 at 01:39 AM.
16th April 2015, 05:48 AM |#293  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
used the code and hard bricked my sony xperia z2
hey there m8 : )
i used this guide step by step for Sony xperia Z2 and i hard bricked my phone and atm my phone is not showing any sign of life except some lets say like when i attack usb cable some red light show up and nothing else , my question is is there any code to reverse this doings on my phone ? (btw cant load up the phone in mode)
16th April 2015, 10:23 AM |#294  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,633

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllldante

i used this guide step by step for Sony xperia Z2 and i hard bricked my phone and atm my phone is not showing any sign of life except some lets say like when i attack usb cable some red light show up and nothing else , my question is is there any code to reverse this doings on my phone ? (btw cant load up the phone in mode)

Not with an unresponsive phone. I'd say your only option is jtag. Not sure why you thought this would work on your device.

Sent from my HTC One max
16th April 2015, 08:20 PM |#295  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 17

More
That's what happen when people DON'T read before they jump head first into something they have never done. That is why it is "ALWAYS IMPORTANT TO READ EVERYTHING FIRST". But as they say "Live & Learn" -$$$📵
16th April 2015, 09:25 PM |#296  
Thanks Meter: 853

More
Quote:

First sentence of first post of this thread reads:
This is for m8, it will not work on m7 or any other device

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
16th April 2015, 09:26 PM |#297  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,782

More
Quote:

Pretty clear you did not have the proper knowledge, and never should have tried this without reading everything and understanding (as others have mentioned). There is no reason you should have thought this would work on your phone. You need to be extremely cautious about applying any mod meant for another device. At best, the mod will probably not work, at worst you get a brick (as you now know).

This was just wrong for so many reasons:

- Sony and HTC don't use the same methods to lock/unlock their bootloaders
- No such thing as s-off on a Sony device
- The method involves changing a very specific piece of data at a specific location. Different devices store data in completely different locations. Modify the wrong data in the wrong place (on any device) and you can BRICK.
4th May 2015, 03:46 AM |#298  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Worked perfectly on a VZW M8. Thanks for this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread