[MOD][Xposed] Google Search / Now API

Search This thread

Em Ka

May 4, 2015
I already had the fix, but didn't check the thread yesterday for responses. Sorry about that. Anyways Google changed the method that we normally hook and I honestly can't find where they hid it (Possible they removed it). So I found another method that is easier to hook, which appears to hold the same data. I have tested this new method via Google Now on a device, but have not checked with Android Wear. If someone can confirm it works I would appreciate it.

hey , just installed 1.6 and only commandr is showing up under plugins. no autovoice, no voice control for plex :/
does they need to be updated? or is 1.6 the problem? or is maybe something wrong with my installation? :)

thx

Maxr1998

Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2013
Germany
maxr1998.de
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
hey , just installed 1.6 and only commandr is showing up under plugins. no autovoice, no voice control for plex :/
does they need to be updated? or is 1.6 the problem? or is maybe something wrong with my installation? :)

thx
You need to install the API first and then the plugins for the API to recognize, so now you would have to uninstall and reinstall all plugins that are not shown.

Sent using my nexus⁴ running Euphoria 1.1 with Xposed and hells-Core B75 Euphoria Stock Kernel

Reactions: Em Ka

iHelp101

Feb 7, 2014
Nope, latest update of Google breaks the api. Just tried it and even after updating hooks it doesn't work.
We need Ihelper to have a look at it.

I apologize, I tested the latest version and it was working. Give me a moment to look at it again.

Edit:
Everything is working for me on 4.6.10.19 on two devices. Can you provide your Xposed log (Xposed -> Logs)? Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Konradwalsh

flash3d

Aug 2, 2010
I apologize, I tested the latest version and it was working. Give me a moment to look at it again.

Edit:
Everything is working for me on 4.6.10.19 on two devices. Can you provide your Xposed log (Xposed -> Logs)? Thank you.

Let me test it one more time, after updating Google app it worked but after reboot it didn't. Let me check one more time.

Edit: working now! Sorry for the confusion. Thx again!

Last edited:

loserskater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA

Edit:

Just flashed fresh GPE 5.1 so not sure if it's actually this module or xposed itself, but it's not working for me. Other modules seem to work though. Google version 4.6.10.19. Here's a log:

EDIT: Tried reinstalling, now getting null classnotfound.

Attachments

• xposed_error_20150522_153443.log
    13.3 KB · Views: 10
  • xposed_error_20150522_160855.log
    8.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

iHelp101

Feb 7, 2014
Just flashed fresh GPE 5.1 so not sure if it's actually this module or xposed itself, but it's not working for me. Other modules seem to work though. Google version 4.6.10.19. Here's a log:

EDIT: Tried reinstalling, now getting null classnotfound.

Please update your hooks one more time (Open Google Search API Module -> 3 Dots Icon -> Update Hooks). Thank you.

Reactions: Konradwalsh

boojay

Oct 15, 2010
Is it possible to modify a Google search app that doesn't return Twitter results? It's really annoying that Google doesn't give the option to swipe away the Twitter card and even has it as one of the top results, so it constantly gets in the way.

etc6849

Mar 12, 2010
Anyone using this with Android 5.1 and xposed? I just bought a Nexus 6.

I had previously used it with 5.0.1 just fine in March and an experimental xposed build from back then.

cL0uD`

Jun 11, 2011
I'm using version 1.6. It works on my Nexus 5 at Android 5.1.1 (alpha xposed), but whenever I say a phrase that should trigger a task, google search starts, begins telling me the results and in a second stops and only then the task kicks in and works.
What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

flash3d

Aug 2, 2010
New Google search out: 4.8.12.19, just tried with api and I think we need an update again ☺.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed Framework!

This module adds an API to the Google Search app, commonly referred to as Google Now.
    This allows developers to make plugins that react to searches done in Google Search.

As of right now, the developers cannot interact with the cards UI, not sure how feasible that is, if it is, it'll be in future versions.

(I showed this on reddit some days ago: http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1rmvxs/heres_a_preview_of_my_google_search_now_api/)

Screenshots:
    IWbHojml.png
    0TQkSlkl.png

Demos:
    Lyrics fetching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsNCHo5JZuA
    Song recognition outside US with Shazam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThbW5glU7zM
    AutoVoice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usjqq5hwlSE

Compatibility:
    Any 4.1+ device that can run Xposed Framework. ICS not supported at the moment, not sure how recent the Google Search port is.

Download:
    Please note that this is a 1.0 release, it may or may not have bugs.
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.googlesearchapi

Source:
    This is open source, you're free to contribute to the source, but you're in now way allowed to release this anywhere else.
    https://github.com/MohammadAG/Google-Search-API

Plugins:
    This doesn't do anything without plugins, which needs developer support. More on that below. Here are some fully working examples:
    • Music Controls: Control music playback. Supported commands: "play/pause/resume music", "play songs by <artist>", "play song <title>", "next/previous track/song", "volume up/down/max", "what song is this" opens in Shazam, requires Shazam, no idea what happens without it.
    • Voice Toggles: Turn on/off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, or Bluetooth.
    • AZLyrics Viewer: Shows lyrics for songs from AZLyrics.com. Supported commands: "show lyrics for <song> by <artist>", exact syntax required here, artist is not optional.
    • Autovoice, by @joaomgcd, run Tasker commands from Google Search.

Plugin sources:
    1. Music Controls: https://github.com/MohammadAG/GNAPI-MusicControls
    2. Voice Toggles: https://github.com/MohammadAG/GNAPI-VoiceToggles
    3. AZLyrics Viewer: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Android-AZLyricsViewer

Developers:
    Implementing plugins is as easy as copying one file to your source, and implementing a BroadcastReceiver that listens for the search queries (sent as text). If you're implementing a UI, implement TextToSpeech for voice feedback, if not, use GoogleNowApi.speak for voice replies.
    All this is demonstrated in the examples above.
    You'll also need to add a permission to AndroidManifest.xml: "com.mohammadag.googlesearchapi.permission.ACCESS_GGOGLE_SEARCH_API"
    Remember that any package needs one activity to be started to work, see the music controls example for a way around that.
    Of course, you're free to make your plugins free/paid/whatever.

What are the two checkboxes for?
    If you're using GEL, you basically need to have the first checkbox checked. This is because GEL uses an overlay for the first part of the search, then opens the usual search app without the transitions. This means that if a developer already started an activity, it'll be sent to the background cause search was started after it.

Second checkbox prevents duplicate searches, this can be useful (you'll see how), and not so useful (when you do two volume ups/downs). Experiment as needed.

Support development
    This took quite a lot of research, Google Search's code is huge, if you found this useful, please consider a donation.
    3.6.13 Google Search Update

bir -> bpn
    bjb -> bpy
    bur -> cby
    cmh -> cuc
    w -> x
    azL -> aCT
    heb -> hmu
    bul -> cbs
    bkt ->bqk

Tested and everything is working including text searches. APK is attached.
    Okay, I mean I have no real life and stuff.
    So I forked @MohammadAG project on Github and fixed it.

All credits go to the OP! It's confirmed working on Auto voice again, didn't test it myself, though. Needs more testing.
    I've incremented the build number and opened a pull request on Github. The apk above is signed with debug keys if anyone cares.

If OP doesn't want it, please report this post. Calling @GermainZ just to let him know.
    MohammadAG You are the man! Here is a video I put together on some of the things you can do with it, fantastic Job!

Enjoy. Updated to 1.31 and should be working perfectly.