FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[GUIDE] How-To Cherry-Pick Features for your ROM (both GitHub and Gerrit)

512 posts
Thanks Meter: 576

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th November 2014, 09:24 PM |#71  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 12,770

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimusVoxx

hey guys im building aokp for my htc one m8 and im trying to add two cherry picks from paranoid android, well i guess technically three but here they are
Change I3bc7102b: https://gerrit.paranoidandroid.co/4787
Change Id2b105df: https://gerrit.paranoidandroid.co/4788
Change I47a021df:https://gerrit.paranoidandroid.co/4790/

but whenever i do i can succesfuly add them, i can remove the errors from the files and then git add but whenever i do something pops up that says "untracked files" and list the files i just altered in red, i try to git add those files again but nothing happens, then when i try and build i get errors, can anyone shed some light on this "untracked files" thing and how to possibly fix it?

After git add files, type git status it will show you the untracked files in red if everything comes up green it's ready to be pushed to remote, you probably missed one file. If your getting errors building, check to see if you have conflicts in files.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimusVoxx

Anyone know how to add your own boot animation successfully with no errors and also how to add your rom name into your repo so that when you build and flash the rom when you go into the about phone menu it says aosp version or aokp rom version "NAME OF MY ROM" I can't figure it out

I can help you, if you want your name on flashable zip file like this " cm-11-20141007-UNOFFICIAL-temasek-bacon-V146.zip" look at line 34 & 35 here https://github.com/katinatez/android.../cm-11.0/cm.mk

If you want name and version of build look at line 5-8 here https://github.com/temasek/android_p...cr_strings.xml

I dont know about bootanimation, maybe someone smarter can tell us.
Last edited by katinatez; 9th November 2014 at 09:14 PM.

18th November 2014, 07:37 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 192

More
Im trying to cherry pick something from github but thats what i get :
HEAD detached from c482a9d
Changes not staged for commit:
(use "git add/rm <file>..." to update what will be committed)
(use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

deleted: core/res/res/values/config.xml~
28th January 2015, 05:46 AM |#73  
Flag Upland
Thanks Meter: 70

More
I've read through the thread and couldn't find a specific answer to a question I have in regards to searching for features/commits on github.
I'm looking for a few features for my Nexus6, specifically notification lights, resizable nav buttons and an audio volume fix. I've found a few commits that deal with the lights and volume fixes, but I'm not sure if I grabbed all of the involved commits or not. Also, I'm not certain where to look for all aspects of a ROM feature.
In your example, there are two commits for Halo, indicated by [1/2] & [2/2]...but do all commits follow this style of labeling, or is it up to the dev?
I've managed to cherry-pick a couple of commits and successfully added & commited them on my machine. The ROm built, but ended up in boot loop, so I know there's something missing somewhere. I haven't tried to go through the build errors to see where the specific error happened & what it was, but I'll do that in the future if I can figure out where to locate all the necessary commits & files for each feature to cherry-pick.

I really appreciate this guide, as it helped me understand the process of where to begin to add things to a ROM. For that I'm very grateful.
Any help you can provide in shedding some light on finding all related commits to a specific feature would be greatly appreciated. I'm guessing it's relatively tedious trying to locate those things.

Thanks in advance!
4th May 2015, 09:00 AM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Smile
Hey,

i will try my first cherry pick for my Lollipop Rom. Is it possible to pick it in Lollipop or only for KitKat?

Greetings
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cherry pick, cherry picks, cherry-pick, gerrit, github
Previous Thread Next Thread