FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

CUSPTECH Android Headunit

21st March 2015, 10:40 AM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This thread is extremely interesting

I just bought an unit from my friend, in discovery phase, and as an IT guy, interested in upgrading firmware as well

I dont remember the MCU version rxactly, but the same as mentioned in cusptech website, something Aug 2013, so I just wonder:
- Which is the latest stable firmware for it?
- What' the procedure, any hi-lighting notice?
- What's the backup plan for failure?

Thanks a lot.

21st March 2015, 04:16 PM |#162  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi hophuong,
welcome aboard.
Please check my post #147 earlier in this thread. Imho it is the most stable firmware at least in combination with March MCU but should be the same for Aug Version.
For any tricks and Hints, please take a little bit time at read the whole thread.
Greets
Tobias
The Following User Says Thank You to tobias.s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2015, 04:06 PM |#163  

More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias.s

Hi hophuong,
welcome aboard.
Please check my post #147 earlier in this thread. Imho it is the most stable firmware at least in combination with March MCU but should be the same for Aug Version.
For any tricks and Hints, please take a little bit time at read the whole thread.
Greets
Tobias

Hi tobias,
Thanks for you promptly response, appreciated
I've had gone through all pages in this topic, but did expect more detail information like the following: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2660662 (don't know whether it's the same methodology for china unit or not)
At least I'm looking for some how to enter Recovery mode or Boot loader in case upgrade failure so I can do manual roll-back, did not found in any post in this topic ;(
Actually I used to play with iOS devices but getting into Android lately
BTW, is there a way to enter Android launcher as I can see many hidden app in Settings -> Applications?
22nd March 2015, 05:26 PM |#164  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi,
I would be very happy if I know how to enter in the recovery mode. I have already serached a lot but could not find any answer for this question. A recovery mode would be very helpful indeed. Especially backing up settings aso and recovering them after a firmware update.
These units are somehow idiot safe. So put the firmware on SD, put SD in slot, start unit with autoupdate. You should know that upgrading firmware on these units is not an ota update that keeps your data on the device. The upgrade procedure is an erasing all data batch task (in uboot I think), writing the image to the internal memory and voilą.

Regading the launcher, you can even exchange it completly. I disabled the stock one(too much bling bling for nothing) and I am using nova launcher which is really fast.
With the firmware in my post that I mentioned earlier, you got root rights, so you can use ES-Explorer for example, to browse all folders/system folders and check for saved apk.
But I recommend to avoid any apk that is written by the manufacturer, cause they are really buggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hophuong.nguyen

Hi tobias,
Thanks for you promptly response, appreciated
I've had gone through all pages in this topic, but did expect more detail information like the following: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2660662 (don't know whether it's the same methodology for china unit or not)
At least I'm looking for some how to enter Recovery mode or Boot loader in case upgrade failure so I can do manual roll-back, did not found in any post in this topic ;(
Actually I used to play with iOS devices but getting into Android lately
BTW, is there a way to enter Android launcher as I can see many hidden app in Settings -> Applications?

The Following User Says Thank You to tobias.s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2015, 05:45 PM |#165  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias.s

Hi,
I would be very happy if I know how to enter in the recovery mode. I have already serached a lot but could not find any answer for this question. A recovery mode would be very helpful indeed. Especially backing up settings aso and recovering them after a firmware update.
These units are somehow idiot safe. So put the firmware on SD, put SD in slot, start unit with autoupdate. You should know that upgrading firmware on these units is not an ota update that keeps your data on the device. The upgrade procedure is an erasing all data batch task (in uboot I think), writing the image to the internal memory and voilą.

Regading the launcher, you can even exchange it completly. I disabled the stock one(too much bling bling for nothing) and I am using nova launcher which is really fast.
With the firmware in my post that I mentioned earlier, you got root rights, so you can use ES-Explorer for example, to browse all folders/system folders and check for saved apk.
But I recommend to avoid any apk that is written by the manufacturer, cause they are really buggy.

Hi,

Have you try those combinations of other china HU (ex: power + rst?), I havent tried yet but thought it would be the same in theory as just few hardware manufacture & probably they did not spent too much on software customization

Regarding pre-requisition for firmware upgrade, just reconfirm:
- 2Gb microSD into GPS slot
- FAt 32, 32K allocation size
- Any MCU version? Mine is 20131125

I prefer Recovery & Boot loader possibilities prior to upgrading because I'd not like to brick the HU for very first days

BTW,
Do you have specification for Factory Settings options, i just able to turn on the analog TV feature (could not scanned any channel yet )
Any way to standardise system volume across application (mine, it's extremely loud for radio but tiny sound for Music)

More questions coming...

Thanks.
17th April 2015, 04:03 PM |#166  

More
Question Bluetooth working ??
Hi all

Does someone know if Bluetooth is working in any of the 4.4.x Android versions ?

If you have it working on your CUSP radio installed with Android 4.4.x, what Bluetooth-dongle are you using and do I have to change any settings in the "factory settings" on the CUSP radio to get it working ?

I need Bluetooth to connect to OBDII adapter (worked fine when it was running Android 2.3.4.)

Many regards
MrNisse
Last edited by MrNisse; 17th April 2015 at 09:26 PM.
4th May 2015, 01:17 PM |#167  

More
OBDII
Hi

Anyone got the CUSP radio with Android 4.4.2, working with OBDII communicating over Bluetooth ?

Many Regards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread