FORUMS

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

Z1 Compact audio quality, post your impressions

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By vboechat, Junior Member on 5th February 2014, 07:31 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th March 2015, 02:40 PM |#61  
Flag Ho Chi Minh
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Our Z1c support Flac 24bit 88khz. But if u want improve the sound quality, u should buy z3/z3c better.

27th April 2015, 05:53 PM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zike47222

Why cant i install Viperforandroid? I tried twrp and phils recoverys..

Were you able to get it to work? I am on lollipop . 242 but I am unable to make it stick. first time I installed it worked for just a few secs then nu'un!

I have enabled selinux & even installed it as a system app!
27th April 2015, 05:57 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumjrah

Were you able to get it to work? I am on lollipop . 242 but I am unable to make it stick. first time I installed it worked for just a few secs then nu'un!

Yes it is working on my fone.. on 4.4.4 but that post was from the middle of last year. I dont have Lollipop yet. Will flash soon.. so if you find a fix let me know👍
30th April 2015, 11:06 AM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Although the audio quality of Z1 Compact is not bad, the output is in general quiet. I do not use Walkman, mainly because of one reason - when travelling, the sound sometimes stutters, so I use PowerAMP with settings adjusted to prevent any chance of stutter.

I recommend if you want to really improve the audio quality of Z1 Compact (and loudness with it), use external headphone amplifier, or USB DAC.

I use Sound Blaster E1 (with Shure SE 425 headphones) and the difference is massive, even if E1 is not really that expensive headphone amplifier. Basically using E1 as headphone amplifier improved audio quality by a lot and solved any problem with quiet output. Also I was able to switch off all software tweaks to sound (incl. EQ) and that also helped a bit with more details recognizable in music (at least with my Shure SE 425). Now I am very happy with the sound coming from this combination of Z1 Compact -> Sound Blaster E1 -> Shure SE 425. With better amplifier it may be even better, but you can say that with every hardware device in this audio chain.

I have to warn that using Sound Blaster E1 with Z1 Compact has some issues - the phone does not want to work with it when connected through USB (on KitKat, I have not tried it on Lollipop), so I use it as headphone amplifier. Other issue is that the bundled audio cable also does not work with Z1 Compact and standard (preferably a quality one) audio 3,5 mm - jack to jack cable is needed.
30th April 2015, 11:31 AM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumjrah

You might have to edit the build.prop to add the following lines:

lpa.decode=false
tunnel.decode=false
lpa.use-stagefright=false
lpa.releaselock=false

@ marphal:

I'll be careful in saying that. I'm personally running an O2/ODAC combo on a pair of HD700's, and while there are some differences, it shouldn't be night-and-day, especially with a pair of IEM's. IEM's shouldn't be quiet on these: headphones are, unfortunately, unless you modify one of the files to increase gain.
30th April 2015, 02:18 PM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I agree that I should be careful with my claims, but for me the difference is very easily audible (I agree that with different headphones the difference may be less or more audible). I have used Z1 Compact without headphone amplifier for at least half a year and headphone amplifier significantly improved my audio experience to the point I am very happy with, and I am certain it is not placebo effect. I was also sceptical before I have tried it, I did not expect anything more than a possibility to increase volume without damage to audio quality.

Not sure about what you wrote with regard to IEMīs is general experience. In some songs, I reached the maximum volume with Shure SE 425 and wanted it to be louder. In most songs it was o.k., but having some margin with headphone amplifier is not bad thing. BTW I do not use volume levelling. These more expensive IEMīs are sufficiently sensitive to enable hearing differences in audio output with or without headphone amplifier.

I wrote what helped me, maybe it will not work for everyone and every combination with all headphones, but at least people can try. It is definitely cheaper than buying Z3 Compact or other phone. And most of these devices can be used as sound card with your laptop.

I do not consider myself an audiophile by any means, just like clean output with sufficient volume to make heavy music really heavy. Headphone amp made big difference for me and finally I am happy when listening to music on my journeys.
4th May 2015, 01:23 PM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marphal

I agree that I should be careful with my claims, but for me the difference is very easily audible (I agree that with different headphones the difference may be less or more audible). I have used Z1 Compact without headphone amplifier for at least half a year and headphone amplifier significantly improved my audio experience to the point I am very happy with, and I am certain it is not placebo effect. I was also sceptical before I have tried it, I did not expect anything more than a possibility to increase volume without damage to audio quality.

I will say this though, having a decent amp will nuke the hissing sensitive IEM's have. Always good to have one around to get rid of the nasties.

Not sure about what you wrote with regard to IEMīs is general experience. In some songs, I reached the maximum volume with Shure SE 425 and wanted it to be louder. In most songs it was o.k., but having some margin with headphone amplifier is not bad thing. BTW I do not use volume levelling. These more expensive IEMīs are sufficiently sensitive to enable hearing differences in audio output with or without headphone amplifier.

I wrote what helped me, maybe it will not work for everyone and every combination with all headphones, but at least people can try. It is definitely cheaper than buying Z3 Compact or other phone. And most of these devices can be used as sound card with your laptop.

I do not consider myself an audiophile by any means, just like clean output with sufficient volume to make heavy music really heavy. Headphone amp made big difference for me and finally I am happy when listening to music on my journeys.

On headphones and a very small minority of IEM's, where sensitivity and power transfer isn't excellent, you'll have volume problems. However, with the SE425, you shouldn't be anywhere near maxing the volume out. I'm rocking 535's now, and my ears start to get painful at even the 3/4 mark.

Better, I'm not gonna comment on that further, because everyone's opinion is going to be different on that. The volume, however, isn't: loud is loud. Still, glad to see there's a fellow audiophile on this board (don't try and run away, the fact you're willing to invest that much into audio means by definition, you are one!)
4th May 2015, 03:32 PM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Only Viper audio has improved it's (Z1c) sound quality. Sony plays safer with sound output, this where Viper Audio comes. I miss pre-amps on stock music players. I'll give average rating to Sony's sound output.

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread