FORUMS

Android System WebView Update – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Android Webview is a system component powered by Chrome that allows Android … more

Hands-on With T-Mo LG G4 and Q&A

XDA Senior Member WinDroidGuy posted a hands-on video of the T-Mobile LG G4, and he is now … more

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[q] ALL THINGS GALAXY S4 (GS4) MODEL SPH-L720T

3rd May 2015, 08:48 PM |#2251  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtwest1

"HOTSPOT
WIFI TETHER APP
youngnex in post #144 and #156 confirms Wifi Tether Router to work on 720T (the app cost $2 in the app store, and it requires root permission). This has been confirmed working on MK5, NAF, NC6, & NG5 (dward3662 post 1132) with the following settings:

WiFi Channel: 1 or 6
Interface: wlan0
Method: 3-HostApd
No Firmware Reload: UnChecked
Drivers: nl80211
Wifi Mode: WiFi - N
Prevents Standby: Checked
MTU Adjust: UnChecked
HostApd Patch: UnChecked
Power Transmit Mgmt: Checked
LTE Tether Patch: UnChecked
No Disable Wifi: UnChecked
Under "Advanced Wif Settings" uncheck the "Always allow scanning"
If you are having problems losing connection try changing the WIFI Channel from 1 to 6 or from 6 to 1. Originally, I had to change the channel to 6 to eliminate disconnects. Worked great for months. Installed a recent Wifi Tether Router update (5/3/14) and had to change back to channel 1 to eliminate the disconnects.

judgeduck post 367 has confirmed the same hotspot solution (wifi teather router) works on NC6 with root. "

Hi all!
I am confirming that the same settings for WiFi Tether Router app referenced in post #1 are also good to go and working for Sprint rooted firmware L720TVPUBOA3 as well!

I added your OA3 confirmation to op. Thanks

Yesterday, 05:07 PM |#2252  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
need help!!!
I have a sprint s4 Triband L720T on stock rooted L720TVPUBOA3 flashed to boost cannot get LTE also data keeps dropping sms and mms also fail I've done all APN fixes in the forum clean install or dirty flash samething
Yesterday, 06:01 PM |#2253  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 32,855

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyxavier13

I have a sprint s4 Triband L720T on stock rooted L720TVPUBOA3 flashed to boost cannot get LTE also data keeps dropping sms and mms also fail I've done all APN fixes in the forum clean install or dirty flash samething

I'm guessing the donor phone didn't have 4G.

Yesterday, 06:08 PM |#2254  

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

I'm guessing the donor phone didn't have 4G.

Didn't need a donor ##72786# through boost rep straight to phone SPH-L720T WAS ON sprint activated on boost 4G LTE still update with sprint firmware OA3 off of sammobile it happens on any lp rom I flash data drops constantly sms and mms work when they want
Yesterday, 06:10 PM |#2255  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Didn't need a donor ##72786# through boost rep straight to phone SPH-L720T WAS ON sprint activated on boost 4G LTE still update with sprint firmware OA3 off of sammobile it happens on any lp rom I flash data drops constantly sms and mms work when they want

That works mean it wasn't "flashed" to Boost, simply activated with Boost. The simple solution, don't use AOSP ROMs. Use a custom Touchwiz ROM.

Yesterday, 06:13 PM |#2256  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

That works mean it wasn't "flashed" to Boost, simply activated with Boost. The simple solution, don't use AOSP ROMs. Use a custom Touchwiz ROM.

Are there any suggestions please any lp for the L720T
Yesterday, 06:16 PM |#2257  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Are there any suggestions please any lp for the L720T

LP isn't out yet on Touchwiz (it will be very soon). Why is LP so important? Is there a certain feature? Also you'll need to wipe your internal SD before flashing a Touchwiz ROM. This is my ROM-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3086132

Yesterday, 06:58 PM |#2258  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

LP isn't out yet on Touchwiz (it will be very soon). Why is LP so important? Is there a certain feature? Also you'll need to wipe your internal SD before flashing a Touchwiz ROM. This is my ROM-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3086132

I love the custom feel user friendly thought cm12.1 would have worked. it starts n LTE then lost it some how it just drops doesn't say boost anymore says sprint I can make calls receive them but the data connection drops won't let me get online check email or get on play store says data connection needed but I have no problems calling however sms and mms randomly work
Yesterday, 07:04 PM |#2259  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

Donate to Me
More
I'll break it down like this. Some AOSP developers put out multiple builds on multiple phones, most of which they don't have with the assumption that the phones are enough alike that they went have problems. And if there are bugs they usually don't get fixed. I'm not saying all AOSP is like that or even that that is the case this time, it's just why I would generally avoid AOSP. I see way too many threads where the OP's only post is the first one.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy, gs4, mk5, root, sprint
Previous Thread Next Thread