FORUMS

(Q) Changing system font?

261 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By aungkhaingoo, Senior Member on 20th May 2014, 12:43 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is there any way to change font on windows 8.1? As far as i know is no way to change system font, right? I want to change my android phone to windows phone to have new experience but my mother language is not on windows os.

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

20th May 2014, 08:05 PM |#2  
Flag Bolzano
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aungkhaingoo

Is there any way to change font on windows 8.1? As far as i know is no way to change system font, right? I want to change my android phone to windows phone to have new experience but my mother language is not on windows os.

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I am sorry but there is probably no way changing the System font for a non-unlocked phone. As I haven't an interop-unlocked phone, I don't know about an eventually possibility.
The Following User Says Thank You to gipfelgoas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2015, 07:48 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gipfelgoas

I am sorry but there is probably no way changing the System font for a non-unlocked phone. As I haven't an interop-unlocked phone, I don't know about an eventually possibility.

So, you means even unlocked device can not change system font ?
4th May 2015, 11:51 PM |#4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,847

More
I mean, with an interop-unlocked phone you might be able to replace the system font files. If you can find the right registry key and it's somewhere you can write, that might work too. I'm not aware of any other solution, though, certainly not for mere dev-unlock.

Frankly, if this is something you want, you should be researching it yourself. There aren't a lot of us developing WP8.x hacks, and we've all got day jobs and lives and all that. What's more, we're usually looking more for new ways to gain privileges, rather than things to do with the privileges we have. There's nothing wrong with starting out looking at how to apply the existing hacks more profitably; in fact, that's exactly how I started back in the WP7.0 days. Find things and post them, people will appreciate your efforts and the community will benefit, while other people work to ensure that more devices can be jailbroken.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread