FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Stock Backups + OTA's

14th April 2015, 03:41 AM |#231  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25

You can't run the OTA with TWRP installed.

I am trying to find the stock recovery for my HK One M8 but can't find one. I'm on lollipop and just want to flash back to stock recovery. I would update via RUU but can't make a nandroid because it fails to backup. Can someone point me to the stock recovery for 4.25.654.10? Thanks.
 
 
14th April 2015, 02:45 PM |#232  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 355
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou626

I am trying to find the stock recovery for my HK One M8 but can't find one. I'm on lollipop and just want to flash back to stock recovery. I would update via RUU but can't make a nandroid because it fails to backup. Can someone point me to the stock recovery for 4.25.654.10? Thanks.

I haven't tested, but I am sure that if you put the stock recovery on here the OTA still will not run unless you have an untouched stock ROM.

Either way, I uploaded the full firmware from the last OTA here. The stock recovery is inside it, just extract.

It is from 4.25.654.14 but should still work for you, if not you can always fastboot flash TWRP and go from there. On another note, If TWRP is failing to make a backup, try updating TWRP. Sometimes the older ones have problems after something has been updated.

Also, when you first posted about this I thought you said you had TWRP installed already but I see now you said you had stock recovery already installed. I am not sure if you already removed TWRP but if you did have stock recovery installed it should run the OTA as long as the stock partitions of the ROM are untouched.
Last edited by dopy25; 14th April 2015 at 02:50 PM.
14th April 2015, 03:23 PM |#233  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25

I haven't tested, but I am sure that if you put the stock recovery on here the OTA still will not run unless you have an untouched stock ROM.

Either way, I uploaded the full firmware from the last OTA here. The stock recovery is inside it, just extract.

It is from 4.25.654.14 but should still work for you, if not you can always fastboot flash TWRP and go from there. On another note, If TWRP is failing to make a backup, try updating TWRP. Sometimes the older ones have problems after something has been updated.

Also, when you first posted about this I thought you said you had TWRP installed already but I see now you said you had stock recovery already installed. I am not sure if you already removed TWRP but if you did have stock recovery installed it should run the OTA as long as the stock partitions of the ROM are untouched.

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed. I still think i'm going to run into issues because I installed the alpha version of Xposed for Lollipop. That is probably why I can't make a backup with TWRP. Once I figure out how to uninstall Xposed I will use fastboot to flash this stock recovery so I can take the OTA.
17th April 2015, 04:53 AM |#234  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
help
can you please post new sprint htc one m8 lollipop backups. those other backup links don't work anymore
17th April 2015, 05:22 AM |#235  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 9,031
 
Donate to Me
More
Folks @Rydah805 has moved on to T-Mobile so this thread will most likely not be updated, this thread was created at the beginning when we didn't have any RUU's.
We get an updated RUU with almost every OTA so please use those rather then asking for the links to be updated.
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2015, 06:34 PM |#236  
Junior Member
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
sprint htc one m8 stock recovery CID spcs_001
I'm looking for a stock recovery for sprint htc one m8 and yes ive looked around in different forums but i have a unusual CID. i'm trying to install the newest OTA but the stock recovery i acquired failed to install the update so im assuming i have the wrong one.here is my phones
infoINFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 1.09.20.0209
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 4.20.651.10
INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
INFOserialno: Mod Edit
INFOimei: Mod Edit
INFOimei2: Not Support
INFOmeid: Mod Edit
INFOproduct: m8_whl
INFOplatform: hTCBmsm8974
INFOmodelid: 0P6B70000
INFOcidnum: SPCS_001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 0mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: off
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: 26d3ff23
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
Last edited by BD619; 25th April 2015 at 10:38 PM.
25th April 2015, 10:40 PM |#237  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 9,031
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmyandroid

I'm looking for a stock recovery for sprint htc one m8 and yes ive looked around in different forums but i have a unusual CID. i'm trying to install the newest OTA but the stock recovery i acquired failed to install the update so im assuming i have the wrong one.here is my phones
infoINFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 1.09.20.0209
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 4.20.651.10
INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
INFOserialno: Mod Edit
INFOimei: Mod Edit
INFOimei2: Not Support
INFOmeid: Mod Edit
INFOproduct: m8_whl
INFOplatform: hTCBmsm8974
INFOmodelid: 0P6B70000
INFOcidnum: SPCS_001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 0mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: off
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: 26d3ff23
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0

It can be pulled from the 4.20.651.x Full Firmware.
27th April 2015, 07:18 AM |#238  
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 12
 
Donate to Me
More
Anyone have stock nandroid backup that gsm unlocked?
5th May 2015, 01:58 AM |#239  
Junior Member
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

It can be pulled from the 4.20.651.x Full Firmware.

The RUU doesn't open up in windows 7 or 8. it goes through the insta shield setup and then shuts down. how can i fix this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes