FORUMS

On Qualcomm’s Damage Control: Marketing and Rumors?

The Heated Snapdragon chronicles seemingly see no end, and 5 months into 2015 … more

Xiaomi Mi Note Pro With SD-810 Goes On Sale In China

The Xiaomi Mi Note Pro, announced on 15th Jan 2015, is Xiaomi’s attempt at … more

Project Fi Invites Are Rolling Out

Google is now sending out the first wave of invites to its new wireless service, Project Fi. … more

Vinsic 20,000mAh Ultra Slim Power Bank Giveaway

We have covered a lot of Android Accessories here on XDA TV. Mostly because we realize … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

RDF Discussion Thread for Sprint Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P)

5th May 2015, 10:31 PM |#391  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 48

More
I've got it
I'm downloading the update right now (373.46 MB). If anyone can tell me where to look for the download url I will grab it and post it.

5th May 2015, 10:32 PM |#392  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooljb

I'm downloading the update right now (373.46 MB). If anyone can tell me where to look for the download url I will grab it and post it.

If you are near a computer with ABD installed (I wasn't earlier today and didn't want to wait to update):

How to grab the GOTA link to share: (from Droid-Life posting)
Install the Android SDK, enable USB debugging (does NOT require root), (great video from @qbking77 here) on your computer
When prompted to download an update, immediately plug your phone into that computer (with the SDK installed)
From that computer open a command prompt and type "adb devices" which will start the daemon, then type "adb logcat" and hit enter (information will start spewing from your phone to the command window)
THEN tap the download the update button on your phone, monitor the information from the logcat and find the URL (should start with "android.clients.google.com")
Might be easiest to copy the logcat into a text file and search for it (capture using command: adb logcat -d > logcat.txt) as the information might be too fast and furious on screen to read any of it
Once you have the URL, please post it in this thread so we can put it in the OP
The Following User Says Thank You to mmark27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2015, 11:45 PM |#393  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27

If you are near a computer with ABD installed (I wasn't earlier today and didn't want to wait to update):

How to grab the GOTA link to share: (from Droid-Life posting)
Install the Android SDK, enable USB debugging (does NOT require root), (great video from @qbking77 here) on your computer
When prompted to download an update, immediately plug your phone into that computer (with the SDK installed)
From that computer open a command prompt and type "adb devices" which will start the daemon, then type "adb logcat" and hit enter (information will start spewing from your phone to the command window)
THEN tap the download the update button on your phone, monitor the information from the logcat and find the URL (should start with "android.clients.google.com")
Might be easiest to copy the logcat into a text file and search for it (capture using command: adb logcat -d > logcat.txt) as the information might be too fast and furious on screen to read any of it
Once you have the URL, please post it in this thread so we can put it in the OP

I had already started downloading it so I wasn't able to go into adb. I did try running alogcat, but I guess I was too late for that too. I'm sure someone else will grab the url - someone more knowledgeable than me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rdf, sgs5, sprint
Previous Thread Next Thread