FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Unofficial OmniROM 4.4.2

31st January 2015, 08:26 AM |#61  
sidneyk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bonner Springs, KS
Thanks Meter: 1,734
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waleedezz

i am flashing on tf101g, on twrp 2.8.1.1

You may not be able to flash on tf101g without opening the zip and either taking the assert lines out at the top or changing all tf101 references to tf101g and rezipping it. It was built for tf101 only.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app
 
 
31st January 2015, 10:48 AM |#62  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyk

You may not be able to flash on tf101g without opening the zip and either taking the assert lines out at the top or changing all tf101 references to tf101g and rezipping it. It was built for tf101 only.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app

ohh what a bummer, i thought it support my model, i am not sure if i can do any of what u said. i didnt notice references to tf101

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

i only ve seen two references, one file called (TF101-DOCK_0213.rom) & (TF101G-DOCK_0213.rom)
Last edited by waleedezz; 31st January 2015 at 10:29 AM.
31st January 2015, 02:41 PM |#63  
sidneyk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bonner Springs, KS
Thanks Meter: 1,734
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waleedezz

ohh what a bummer, i thought it support my model, i am not sure if i can do any of what u said. i didnt notice references to tf101

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

i only ve seen two references, one file called (TF101-DOCK_0213.rom) & (TF101G-DOCK_0213.rom)

You have to dig down and find the updater script

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app
22nd April 2015, 05:59 AM |#64  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Android 5.1
I had KatKiss Lolipop installed on my tf101, but I enjoy your omnirom builds much more. I also used your bigwheelie bash script and installed the stock google apps (all of them). Please keep us updated on your progress.
4th May 2015, 08:00 PM |#65  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Is there any kind of status on your Unofficial Omnirom Lolipop version.
5th May 2015, 01:59 AM |#66  
sidneyk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bonner Springs, KS
Thanks Meter: 1,734
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAJSlye

Is there any kind of status on your Unofficial Omnirom Lolipop version.

I was working on trying to get a newer kernel building and booting with our drivers to support a proper build of lollipop with selinux enabled. Haven't had much luck yet. I took a little vacation from everything for a bit. I'll look at it again, fresh, in a few days. We need proper selinux support in the kernel and file system labeling to support lollipop as it was intended.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app
5th May 2015, 03:26 AM |#67  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyk

I was working on trying to get a newer kernel building and booting with our drivers to support a proper build of lollipop with selinux enabled. Haven't had much luck yet. I took a little vacation from everything for a bit. I'll look at it again, fresh, in a few days. We need proper selinux support in the kernel and file system labeling to support lollipop as it was intended.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app

Thank you for the update.
One question though, does this mean that KatKiss Lollipop 5.1.1 r1 is using a kernel that doesn't support proper selinux, and file system labeling like lollipop was intended?
Last edited by DJAJSlye; 5th May 2015 at 06:14 AM.
5th May 2015, 11:28 AM |#68  
sidneyk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bonner Springs, KS
Thanks Meter: 1,734
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAJSlye

Thank you for the update.
One question though, does this mean that KatKiss Lollipop 5.1.1 r1 is using a kernel that doesn't support proper selinux, and file system labeling like lollipop was intended?

Yes, last I checked. He has selinux disabled in kernel and has modified his Android source to disable selinux. It works, but isn't what Google intended. It isn't the direction I want to go since I'm not interested in creating anything too difficult to maintain for just one, old device.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app
5th May 2015, 09:02 PM |#69  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Sounds like you have a great handle on things then. I also think that doing what is intended by google would be the right direction as well, for one thing I suppose it would be less work for you, and for another why would anyone wan't to give up such a great security feature like selinux?

PS. I noticed that your profile says your using your TWRP 2.8.1.1 unofficial release, but doesn't your bigweelie script install TWRP 2.8.1.4? Well, at least that's what my recovery is coming up as.
Last edited by DJAJSlye; 5th May 2015 at 09:55 PM.
6th May 2015, 12:17 AM |#70  
sidneyk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bonner Springs, KS
Thanks Meter: 1,734
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAJSlye

Sounds like you have a great handle on things then. I also think that doing what is intended by google would be the right direction as well, for one thing I suppose it would be less work for you, and for another why would anyone wan't to give up such a great security feature like selinux?

PS. I noticed that your profile says your using your TWRP 2.8.1.1 unofficial release, but doesn't your bigweelie script install TWRP 2.8.1.4? Well, at least that's what my recovery is coming up as.

I may actually be using a newer build and back and forth, just haven't updated my signature in awhile. We need to go the same route as Omni, if we're ever to get official status. May be a lost cause, but I'm still shooting for it. Yes, it's about keeping the work to a minimum.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes