FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[4.4 ROOT] [BOUNTY] New Root Method Exploit or Full Bootloader Unlock Droid Maxx

5th April 2015, 05:52 PM |#671  
Forum Moderator
Flag King Grumpy Lord from Frown Town, Grumpy Land
Thanks Meter: 5,152

Donate to Me
More
Thread temporarily closed to let things cool down. I will decide on its fate later

Re-opened. Please report to the mods any further instances of arguing.
Last edited by gregbradley; 5th April 2015 at 08:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ View ]

5th May 2015, 09:53 PM |#672  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I'll personally give $5 to whoever provides all of us who are looking for a way out of hell of locked bootloader stuff we need. After we succeed. We're in a standstill right now; my phone is down, nothing new is happening.
6th May 2015, 04:34 AM |#673  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Question
After reading dozens of pages in this thread, it appears that the Maxx (if purchased new) is not unlockable or rootable because of latest updates (4.4.4).

OK.

I was thinking about getting one, but I don't want to go down that road if there is no option for at least root.

Then I look on the CM wiki and see that the instructions for installing include using Motorola's bootloader unlock request. Is this doable for the Maxx with latest updates? I can't find anything in CM's instructions that say you must be on a certain software version or the like.

Can anyone shed light?
6th May 2015, 04:54 AM |#674  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allc0re

After reading dozens of pages in this thread, it appears that the Maxx (if purchased new) is not unlockable or rootable because of latest updates (4.4.4).

OK.

I was thinking about getting one, but I don't want to go down that road if there is no option for at least root.

Then I look on the CM wiki and see that the instructions for installing include using Motorola's bootloader unlock request. Is this doable for the Maxx with latest updates? I can't find anything in CM's instructions that say you must be on a certain software version or the like.

Can anyone shed light?

No, the wiki only works for dev phones
The Following User Says Thank You to sunscape For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2015, 02:10 AM |#675  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
There is root for the Maxx on the latest (su6-7) but only read only /system. You would have baked in root and xposed on the stock rom that survives reboot and wipe. That means some root apps will work like adfree and xposed modules like app ops, boot manager, greenify etc. Apps that need to be installed into the system partition will not work. Changes to /system do not persist across reboot but some root apps compensate like adfree.
No guaranties when lollipop drops but the same method is currently working on LP phones.
Last edited by larsdennert; 7th May 2015 at 02:14 AM.
7th May 2015, 02:24 AM |#676  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdennert

There is root for the Maxx on the latest (su6-7) but only read only /system. You would have baked in root and xposed on the stock rom that survives reboot and wipe. That means some root apps will work like adfree and xposed modules like app ops, boot manager, greenify etc. Apps that need to be installed into the system partition will not work. Changes to /system do not persist across reboot but some root apps compensate like adfree.
No guaranties when lollipop drops but the same method is currently working on LP phones.

Thanks for all the details. Very helpful. Sounds very similar to the Droid Turbo situation. Verizon is way too anal about people modifying their phones. ��
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread