OP Forum Moderator
Flag Coventry, UK
Thanks Meter: 7,023

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

but why is the FAQ sticky being used as Q&A thread

^^^This. As is mentioned in the OP, as well as having been stated a few times in this thread, this is a FAQ and not a help thread. If you have any questions either ask in the dedicated Help Thread or create a new thread within the Q&A section.

As always, only post in this thread if you have any suggestions for additional content to be added to the FAQ.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2015, 01:27 AM |#13  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Coventry, UK
Thanks Meter: 7,023

Donate to Me
More
Updated the FAQ with an edit to Q13. As pointed out by @xunholyx, the S-Off needed updating to the SunShine thread rather than the old thread.

As always, if you have any potential additions to be added let me know by either posting here or sending me a PM.
Also, be sure to post here ONLY if you have an addition to the FAQ. Anything else will either be deleted or moved to a relevant location, dependant on what's deemed necessary.
Any questions should be asked in the Q&A forum or in the M8 Help Thread.

Cheers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2015, 04:16 AM |#14  
Flag Cebu
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Thank you very much for this. just got my m8 and wondering how to determine whether ROMs are compatible with the device if the thread does not specify it? i have the "m8_ul" variant (2.5ghz). i just want to make sure.
Last edited by Nickjg11; 16th February 2015 at 04:24 AM.
3rd May 2015, 04:18 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hey guys,
after doing a factory reset my m8 automaticly went into the twrp custom recovery which restarts over and over again.
i cant turn off the device.
please help
4th May 2015, 05:25 PM |#16  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,167

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmirmo

hey guys,
after doing a factory reset my m8 automaticly went into the twrp custom recovery which restarts over and over again.
i cant turn off the device.
please help

This isn't a support thread, its a repository for maintaining FAQs and their answers.
6th May 2015, 05:33 PM |#17  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Does anyone ever answer queries in this forum or do they just look at them? I've posted 3 times and I find it highly unlikely that I'm not the only one with the issues I posted about.
6th May 2015, 05:42 PM |#18  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,167

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrme01

Does anyone ever answer queries in this forum or do they just look at them? I've posted 3 times and I find it highly unlikely that I'm not the only one with the issues I posted about.

Unlikely yes. But did you consider the fact that is possible that the folks (like myself) that looked at your post didn't know the solution? We can respond to your post that we don't know the answer, but that doesn't' really add any value.

The notion that nobody here answers any questions is ridiculous, and its also insulting to those that spend countless hours helping others. If you look at other threads, you will see plenty of answers. Also, your last question was just asked 2 hours ago. So maybe an answer is still forthcoming.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2015, 05:57 PM |#19  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Unlikely yes. But did you consider the fact that is possible that the folks (like myself) that looked at your post didn't know the solution? We can respond to your post that we don't know the answer, but that doesn't' really add any value.

The notion that nobody here answers any questions is ridiculous, and its also insulting to those that spend countless hours helping others. If you look at other threads, you will see plenty of answers. Also, your last question was just asked 2 hours ago. So maybe an answer is still forthcoming.

I didn't insinuate that no one gets answered, I noticed that the more technical the question (my post about not being able to remove stock apps), the more likely that someone will know the answer as it's a more common issue. However, there's an issue inside the system if either the lockscreen isn't secure or I'm unable to switch keyboard that someone must have either A) some knowledge on how that particular thing works or B) someone else has posted about it and been answered, but I don't know what to search for.

I apologise for being rash in my previous comment, but not being secure or using the stock keyboard is somewhat annoying. This being the number 1 usergroup for these issues, it's easy to see why when questions like these go unanswered, it becomes annoying.

I reflashed to stock after every thing I tried bar factory resetting my phone to get over my loudspeaker issues. Some ROM developer out there must have intimate knowledge of how Android handles audio routing.
7th May 2015, 03:20 AM |#20  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1,588

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrme01

I didn't insinuate that no one gets answered, I noticed that the more technical the question (my post about not being able to remove stock apps), the more likely that someone will know the answer as it's a more common issue. However, there's an issue inside the system if either the lockscreen isn't secure or I'm unable to switch keyboard that someone must have either A) some knowledge on how that particular thing works or B) someone else has posted about it and been answered, but I don't know what to search for.

I apologise for being rash in my previous comment, but not being secure or using the stock keyboard is somewhat annoying. This being the number 1 usergroup for these issues, it's easy to see why when questions like these go unanswered, it becomes annoying.

I reflashed to stock after every thing I tried bar factory resetting my phone to get over my loudspeaker issues. Some ROM developer out there must have intimate knowledge of how Android handles audio routing.

I've went to the threads you started and answered your questions. I'm not sure if they are the answers you need, but I figured I'd try to help.
Not all questions get a response. It's the way it is. It depends who sees it, and if they have the answer.
EDIT: This is a FAQ thread, not a place to ask questions. I shouldn't have even responded.
Last edited by xunholyx; 9th May 2015 at 02:56 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, htc m8, htc one m8
Previous Thread Next Thread