[ROM]{4.4.4} | BeanStalk-4.4.4_v201 | Linaro-4.9.1 | [06-27-14

Search This thread

wvuravens-fan

Oct 13, 2013
Love that ppl still look for this rom, think maybe it's time to update it, keep posted guys I'll get something out soon

Yes this device is still cranking. Are you going to upgrade to lollipop? Also check out the pit partition thread, it is the best think that has happened to the old t989.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Free mobile app

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
Yeah, build will be lollipop 5.1.1 based, and as far as partitioning goes, **** if it works I'm good with it, the s2 is decent enough to run lollipop anyway, mine is still kicking, should have a build up soon guys, I started porting features today, so testing will begin in a couple days....

wvuravens-fan

Oct 13, 2013
Yeah, build will be lollipop 5.1.1 based, and as far as partitioning goes, **** if it works I'm good with it, the s2 is decent enough to run lollipop anyway, mine is still kicking, should have a build up soon guys, I started porting features today, so testing will begin in a couple days....

Yeah, hopefully you can figure out our data issue. Pit Partition works great. You should give it a try.

sw6lee

Apr 20, 2011
I'm having trouble installing Xposed framework. I tried installing from the settings, and got boot loop, and found out someone mentioned that in this thread already, and he said he removed from system app, and installed the Xposed installer apk. I tried doing the same thing, but first, apk wouldn't install (apk not installed error message), but finally found an apk that installed, but when I try to install/update the framework, it says

cp: write error: no space left on device
Could not copy app_process to /system/bin

Could someone please help me?

Thanks.

EDIT: FINALLY got it working.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

One more thing I want to ask. I think I read that theme engine is the old one so it doesn't work. Is there any way I can get it working? Weirdly, one of the themes I downloaded shows up in theme engine, but 2 other themes don't even show up there. I want to apply these, so is there any way to do it?

Thanks so much

Last edited:

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
In case anyone is wondering looks like a build is on the way in a couple of weeks and is being tested for bugs now. I really prefer this as opposed to getting a build right now only to have several bugs pop up out of nowhere. In fact if the mobile data bug can be fixed first I'd be fine with waiting however long is needed!

Reactions: suaverc118

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
In case anyone is wondering looks like a build is on the way in a couple of weeks and is being tested for bugs now. I really prefer this as opposed to getting a build right now only to have several bugs pop up out of nowhere. In fact if the mobile data bug can be fixed first I'd be fine with waiting however long is needed!

Dang stranger!!!!

Reactions: ArtfulDodger

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
What do you mean?

See a few posts up. Back in early May a build was within a "couple weeks". July is here, do the math. Definitely no knock on Soupy, because if it can't be released without all the common bugs plaguing the other LP ROMs it doesn't need to be released. I'm sure that's why we haven't seen it and probably won't. Data can't even be stabilized on LP after several months. Only reason I commented at all was because Beanstalk was such an outstanding ROM when I first got this phone.

Reactions: raptor170

ar_156

Mar 3, 2007
I like the Beanstalk options (like Shake options), but the ROM is out-dated... no update anymore and Whatsapp voice call doesn't work , so I had to install other ROM, missing Beanstalk Options... Just wondering, can the Beanstalk Options be installed in other ROMs? or is there anything similar?

Last edited:

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
I like the Beanstalk options (like Shake options), but the ROM is out-dated... no update anymore and Whatsapp voice call doesn't work , so I had to install other ROM, missing Beanstalk Options... Just wondering, can the Beanstalk Options be installed in other ROMs? or is there anything similar?
Scott has halted development of the ROM due to family/work/life issues, and probably won't be doing anything with it anymore, BUT, for the past week I've been working to bring it back, updating and merging cm12.1 commits and bringing the whole ROM up to 5.1.1. I worked with Scott for a while on the ROM, from 4.1 all the way up to 5.0, so I can't see it just dying out, I've asked Scott if I can take over development, haven't heard back from him but I've forked all his repos and am working on it, however, I am only one person, I have no team, I just had a baby last week, I have a full time job and a two year old son, so my time is limited, and since the ROM has had no work done in a few months its a pretty big job to get it all caught up. It will get there tho I promise beanstalk is not dead at all guys, it will be back and better than ever

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

raptor170

Apr 9, 2013
Newfoundland
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Scott has halted development of the ROM due to family/work/life issues, and probably won't be doing anything with it anymore, BUT, for the past week I've been working to bring it back, updating and merging cm12.1 commits and bringing the whole ROM up to 5.1.1. I worked with Scott for a while on the ROM, from 4.1 all the way up to 5.0, so I can't see it just dying out, I've asked Scott if I can take over development, haven't heard back from him but I've forked all his repos and am working on it, however, I am only one person, I have no team, I just had a baby last week, I have a full time job and a two year old son, so my time is limited, and since the ROM has had no work done in a few months its a pretty big job to get it all caught up. It will get there tho I promise beanstalk is not dead at all guys, it will be back and better than ever

Take your time bro, family first, we all know when its done it will be friggin awesome, beanstalk on the herc was the king of ROMs forever due to yours and Scotts work. Thanks @soupysoup

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com

Thanks for the update, and yeah, sounds like you have a lot of real life stuff going on which is 100X more important than updating a ROM for this old phone. Congrats on the new baby. Also had no idea about the head dev for Beanstalk having these issues, although I knew over a year ago there was stuff going on then too. It was a great run for Beanstalk. I hope someday you can be one of the devs for Asus Zenfone 2 which will be my next phone in the the coming months. The bootloader has just been unlocked and the device is ripe for talented developers to come along and make it better.

PowSniffer0110

Apr 26, 2010
Ogden
Anyone have a mirror? No matter what ROM I try to flash it always hangs on setup wizard... Anyone have any idea how I can get this up and running or any other 4. 4. 4. Rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner4.jpg

I am proud to present to you @scott.hart.bti's BeanStalk. This is a build composed off of the CM11.0 builds with allot of added features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also DerTeufel1980's Hellybean and have been modified to work with current setup. A huge thanks to @DerTeufel1980 and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to @skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!
    images

In About Phone section are links to Scott's facebook, twitter and donation sites, Scott has had some family issues lately and hasn't been able to do alot of work on the project. If you guys love this ROM like I do, hit him up at any of these and just show some support for him and his family, though nobody is obligated, I'm sure donations would be excepted, and if u wanna donate to me for my work, just throw it to Scott, thanks guys.

imagesq=tbn:ANd9GcTw2ixYMhb0BLcSnL_EIfPbjFLmPXsUG_qR2rVolCD2Z8IGVk09

images

Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    Option to enable all widgets
    Use widget carousel
    8 Slider Shortcuts
    AOKP Screen Animations
    Options to control Media Scanner behavior
    Default App grip option
    Dark Stalk UI
    Custom Carrier label
    Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    Quick settings color settings, Quick pulldown, text color
    High end graphic effects option
    Active Display
    LockScreen Widgets
    Init.d Scripts (about 18 of them to enable/disable just about any tweak u want)
    Notification Drawer Shortcuts w/option to change colors
    Suspend Actions option to disable anything u want
    Global menu color and custom options
    WakeLock Blocker
    Volume Rocker Wake
    Option to disable fullscreen keyboard
    HALO (From ParanoidAndroid)
    MultiWindow (Omnirom pick)
    option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    Low battery warning customizable options
    Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    Omni Performance options and features
    About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk.

ATM I'm working on implementing a new kernel into the builds, probably WildKernel, just waiting on the dev to get back to me. So for now the builds will be compiled with stock CM kernel 3.0.101 source can be found here CM kernel source
    4.4.4 Based
    images

1. Download ROM
    2. Please back up your ROM before you begin! For best results a FULL wipe is required.
    3. Reboot into recovery with TWRP or CWRM Touch
    4. Flash the ROM
    5. Flash 4.4 Gapps
    6. Reboot
    7. Let it sit a while.
    8. Problems? Wipe Cache/Dalvik Partition's

images
    Special Thanks to:
    CyanogenMod Team
    TeamChopsticks
    scott.hart.bti
    ThdDude
    DerTeufel1980
    SlimRom Team
    Cl3Kener
    Ayysir
    Google
    Samsung
    XDA
    everyone involved
    Anyone I forgot

images

CM-11.0 source can be found HERE
    SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    BeanStalk source can be found HERE
    TeamChopsticks source can be found HERE
    TheMuppets source can be found HERE
    ABIDE!
    [/CENTER]
    [ROM]{4.4.2_r1} | BeanStalk-4.4.2_r1-v205 | Linaro-4.8.2 | Diablo3.1 Kernel | [12.16.13

banner4.jpg
    I am proud to present to you @scott.hart.bti's BeanStalk. This is a build composed off of the CM10.2 builds with allot of added features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also DerTeufel1980's Hellybean and have been modified to work with current setup. A huge thanks to @DerTeufel1980 and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to @skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!
    images

He plan's on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

imagesq=tbn:ANd9GcTw2ixYMhb0BLcSnL_EIfPbjFLmPXsUG_qR2rVolCD2Z8IGVk09

Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    Option to enable all widgets
    Use widget carousel
    8 Slider Shortcuts
    AOKP Screen Animations
    Options to control Media Scanner behavior
    Default App grip option
    Dark Stalk UI
    Custom Carrier label
    Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    Quick settings color settings, Quick pulldown, text color
    High end graphic effects option
    Active Display
    LockScreen Widgets
    Init.d Scripts (about 18 of them to enable/disable just about any tweak u want)
    Notification Drawer Shortcuts w/option to change colors
    Suspend Actions option to disable anything u want
    Global menu color and custom options
    WakeLock Blocker
    Volume Rocker Wake
    Option to disable fullscreen keyboard
    HALO (From ParanoidAndroid)
    option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    Low battery warning customizable options
    Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    CM Performance options and features
    About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to Scott's facebook, twitter and donate, so please hit him off with a little love, alot of effort went into this
    .​

DIABLO KERNEL 3.1 Compiled in ROM

PLEASE USE TRICKSTER MOD TO CHANGE KERNEL SETTINGS.

(Other Kernel tuning apps may cause RRs and they do not allow you to use all of the features)

Diablo Kernel Features:

- Kernel version 3.0.101 - Compiled with Linaro GCC 4.7.4
    - I/O schedulers CFQ, BFQ, ROW, NOOP, DEADLINE, SIO, VR, and ZEN
    - Governors- Hyper, Intellidemand, SavagedZen, Lulzactive, Interactive, InteractiveX, Consevitive, Ondemandx, Lazy, Wheatley, Smartass, Badass, Lionheart, Samsung and normal Stock options too.
    - CPU OC - 1836 MHz
    - CPU UC - 192 MHz
    - GPU OC to 320 MHz for 3D & 266 MHz 2D
    - Mpdecision - Showp1984
    - Thermal - Showp1984 - Keeps your phone from overheating while Overclocked.
    - Fsync Toggle - "Turn it off for better performance but be aware that you may encounter data loss if your phone crashes"
    - USB Fast Charge
    - Sweep2Wake
    - Voltage Control
    - Frandom Lag Reducer
    - Smaller sized kernel due to XZ compression
    - IO Boosters
    - Frontswap Support
    - Fixed Annoying Bluetooth Wakelock

Kernel Source
    https://github.com/Hellybean/android_kernel_samsung_msm8660-comon

4.4+ Based​

Installation instructions

1. Download ROM
    2. Please back up your ROM before you begin! For best results a FULL wipe is required.
    3. Reboot into recovery with TWRP or CWRM Touch
    4. Flash the ROM
    5. Flash 4.4 Gapps
    6. Reboot
    7. Let it sit a while.
    8. Problems? Wipe Cache/Dalvik Partition's

Downloads

images
    Special Thanks to:
    CyanogenMod Team
    TeamChopsticks
    scott.hart.bti
    ThdDude
    DerTeufel1980
    SlimRom Team
    Cl3Kener
    Ayysir
    Google
    Samsung
    XDA
    everyone involved
    Anyone I forgot

SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    BeanStalk source can be found HERE
    TeamChopsticks source can be found HERE
    TheMuppets source can be found HERE
    ABIDE!

XDA:DevDB Information
    BeanStalk | Linaro-4.8.2 | diablo-3.0, a ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    ThdDude, soupysoup, Cl3Kener
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: UVMC6
    Based On: cm

Version Information

Created 2013-09-05
    Last Updated 2013-12-17
    We miss you Soupy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tell u guys what, how about an update??, I feel like a duche leaving u guys for so long, as u can see I still have the Herc, let me whip up somethin nice for u guys, miss all the love here, its very cut throat in the nexus forums, I took a break for awhile....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    OK, ur all right, I shouldn't punish u guys bcuz some jealous dickheads are haters, I'll do one more build, try yo base it off 4.4.3, just give me a few days as I deleted my git, so I'll need a few days to get caught back up, sorry I let them get to me...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    OK GUYS!!!!! The Update u all have been waiting soooooo patiently for is here....Im uploading 4.4001 right now, LOTS of progress made, ROM is SUPER stable, and i know u guys have been waiting a long time but u know i wont put out anything garbage or not worth flashing, I have a whole new boot animation, CRT animations, DarkStalk UI, Lockscreen Targets, LOTS of stuff guys, so yeah, try it out, let me know what u think, ill have another update this week with screen recorder, active display, and all that coming back too... IM BACKKKKKk lol

EDIT: ROM is uploaded