★ [ROM/ROOT][N900VVRUCNC4][4.4.2] Stock Root DeOdex [06/18/14] NC2/NC4/DevEd COMPATIBLE ★ Insecure Modules/Selinux Permissive ON NC4 Bootloader!! ★

Search This thread

revlis240

May 4, 2010
Hey guys,
I am running 4.4.2 on a N900V. with a Tmobile sim. Over on the N0900T development pages, there is a 5.1 rom. Can anyone guess what would happen if I flash this rom? If I understand correctly, it should work. But if I ever need to ODIN, it must be a verizon flash. But a simple rom change via a zip from the bootloader to a N900T rom should be okay? I just dont want to brick. Please give some advice! Thanks :)

Chillout2010

Mar 28, 2011
Been running this rom for over 8 months. Very solid. I do have two issues though bluetooth seems to skip while playing music occasionally (fresh restart fixes). I hate magazine from the center button. What options do I have to change that.

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Been running this rom for over 8 months. Very solid. I do have two issues though bluetooth seems to skip while playing music occasionally (fresh restart fixes). I hate magazine from the center button. What options do I have to change that.

Open the Magazine app in the Settings you should find an option to disable opening from the home button.

greezmky666

Jul 18, 2009
So i know all this info is a bit old but I assumed all the files would still be available.

I am on my note 3 Verizon and just used odin to revert back to mje. I would like to run the jasmine rom and figured i needed to come here first and update to NC4 however the files are not here. Does anyone know where I can get them or another route to go...I would prefer something that will allow me to go back to mje if need be.

thanks in advance.

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
So i know all this info is a bit old but I assumed all the files would still be available.

I am on my note 3 Verizon and just used odin to revert back to mje. I would like to run the jasmine rom and figured i needed to come here first and update to NC4 however the files are not here. Does anyone know where I can get them or another route to go...I would prefer something that will allow me to go back to mje if need be.

thanks in advance.

I'm assuming that you have a Retail Verizon Note 3 and not the Developer's Edition. If you have the Developer's Edition, just ignore my below comments.

If you want the stock Retail NC4 firmware, you can grab it from Sammobile and use Odin to flash it.

If you're thinking of flashing Jasmine Lollipop, you will want to research it more before taking that step. Once you flash the Jasmine Lollipop Rom, you will not be able to downgrade to 4.4.2. This has been widely discussed with numerous examples in the Q&A thread... (See Here
& Here for just 2 examples of discussions about this).

And if you mess anything up with the flashing process and don't successfully install Jasmine ROM and Multisystem, then your only choice would be to Odin restore the phone to back to stock 4.4 or stock 5.0 with no current root method. That's obviously a big risk, so I would encourage reading everything carefully before proceeding.

Last edited:

greezmky666

Jul 18, 2009
Well that stinks. I did not realize that....... to late now lol I had the files on my computer and went for it. Now I'm trying to get 5.1 up and hoping for floating messages once that is running ;) thanks for the reply kinda wish I would have seen it before upgrading.

honourbound68

Dec 20, 2010
the link is dead to the stock deodexed rom. does anyone have it save and can relink it pls? been having problems with my gps and i'd like to try going back to a rooted stock rom to see if it fixes it.. thanks.

Reactions: bodhisattvah

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
the link is dead to the stock deodexed rom. does anyone have it save and can relink it pls? been having problems with my gps and i'd like to try going back to a rooted stock rom to see if it fixes it.. thanks.

Did you ever get help with your request? If someone pointed you to another download link or PM'd you with a mirror for Beanstown106's ROM-- would you please let me know? I would like to get a copy of it as well.

I've searched all over the internet without success to find a mirror. I did find a ROM uploaded to Android Filehost by Surge123 on 6/11/14 named "N900VVRUCNC4-Stock-Root-Deodex.zip. But because Beans thanked Surge123 in the OP of this thread saying... "Surge1223 - for starting the deodex base...," and since Beans posted his Stock-Rooted NC4 ROM on 6/18/14, I'm guessing the Rom on Surge123's Android Filehost is not the same as Beanstown106’s ROM. Thanks.

Last edited:

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
Did you ever get help with your request? If someone pointed you to another download link or PM'd you with a mirror for Beanstown106's ROM-- would you please let me know? I would like to get a copy of it as well.

I've searched all over the internet without success to find a mirror. I did find a ROM uploaded to Android Filehost by Surge123 on 6/11/14 named "N900VVRUCNC4-Stock-Root-Deodex.zip. But because Beans thanked Surge123 in the OP of this thread saying... "Surge1223 - for starting the deodex base...," and since Beans posted his Stock-Rooted NC4 ROM on 6/18/14, I'm guessing the Rom on Surge123's Android Filehost is not the same as Beanstown106’s ROM. Thanks.

Sent you a pm.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk 2

TMFGO45

Dec 23, 2010
I would like to upgrade to this but links are still dead. Who has the backups?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
Last edited:

speed_phreak

Feb 20, 2010
San Diego
Moto G Stylus
Reactions: milski65

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
Thanks milski65, you are awesome!

Anytime speed. I'm going to assume that means you were able to download that link? If so awesome. I have alliance, Eclipse, a bunch of modems ect I can put on drive if you, or anyone else for that matter, needs it. Someone helped me out months ago with all this. Happy to pass it on.

straykat

Apr 16, 2015
Thanks!

Milski- Thanks a million for posting the link...it's huge @ 1.6 gb! - - This ROM was on my phone when I first got it, but I screwed up & lost it when backing up data with TB & foolishly restored some system files... ouch!!! So, now thanks to your link I can flash it back to where the phone was when I got it a couple weeks ago!

I've heard of Alliance & Eclipse.... Is there a huge plus of one of these ROMS over the one Beanstown first provided? Just curious... But I'm definitely very happy that you at least provided the link to the original ROM on this thread! - Thanks again!

Edit : I just realized this is for 4.4.2 - I'm on 4.3 - - I assume this download won't work for me. Do you have any suggestions on how I could get the link for my 4.3 ? And/or any tips about using Alliance or Eclipse. - Thanks.

Reactions: milski65

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
I'll check when I get home what, if anything, I still have for jb. I'll im you later

Reactions: straykat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★ [ROM/ROOT][N900VVRUCNC4][4.4.2] Stock Root DeOdex [06/18/14] NC2/NC4/DevEd COMPATIBLE ★ Insecure Modules/Selinux Permissive ON NC4 Bootloader!! ★

This is a Stock Root Flashable Version Of the newest KitKat 4.4.2 N900VVRUCNC4

Requirements: This Build is Compatible With NC2 Bootloader & NC4 Bootloader Both Bootloaders Get the Benefits of Selinux Permissive and Insecure Kernel Modules!!!!!!!

Just figured a Full Deodexed Untouched Base Was Deserved Since im back, and Suprises Like Happening to ME!

Features:
    Rooted
    BusyBox
    Zipaligned
    Deodexed
    Init.d support
    Removed Knox Apks
    tether provisioning hack
    sdcard read/write fix
    verizon updater removed

De-Odex Rom Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549038

md5: b0dcaeaac88f9783c793c47de4200d47

Firmware Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549058

md5: bfe51b4e58871c6bd5873295c6c73721

NC2 Kernel Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549122

md5:89da64e51b88b68d492e10d1a22c1be2

Disclaimer: DO NOT FLASH FIRMWARE ON DEV EDITION YOU WILL LOCK YOUR DEVICE!!!

Thanks to:
    ChainFire - for superSU
    Hashcode - For Safestrap For Retail Note 3's
    SexTape - For the Leaked NC2 Goodness!!
    Surge1223 - for starting the deodex base
    BajaSur - for getting me back going on n3!!
    hsbadr - For Being Brave with the nc4 firmware ;) and giving u guys some NC4 Love First!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    ★ [ROM/ROOT][N900VVRUCNC4][4.4.2] Stock Root DeOdex [06/18/14] NC2/NC4/DevEd COMPATIBLE ★ Insecure Modules/Selinux Permissive ON NC4 Bootloader!! ★, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    BeansTown106

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-19

Created 2014-06-19
    Last Updated 2014-06-19
    Retail Instructions

Coming From NC2/MJE

Step- 1 - Make sure you are on any rooted rom running safestrap

Step- 2 - Boot into Safestrap Select Stock Slot

Step- 3 - Wipe Data Factory Reset The Stock Slot

Step- 4 - Flash nc4 deodex rom to the stock slot

Step- 5 - Reboot into Download mode From Safestrap

Step- 6 - Flash NC2/NC4 Updated! Firmware/Bootloader Package Here

Step- 7 - You will Boot into a Stock Deodex rom with Root, Busybox, Init.d, Selinux Permissive, Insecure Modules!!

Step- 8 - Install new safestrap and wait for roms :) Here

Coming From Stock NC4 OTA

Step- 1 - Root Device with TowelRoot Here

Step- 2 - Install Busybox from play store and install busybox itself

Step- 3 - Install Hashcodes Latest Safestrap Here

Step- 4 - Boot into Safestrap Select Stock Slot

Step- 5 - Wipe Data Factory Reset The Stock Slot

Step- 6 - Flash nc4 deodex rom to the stock slot

Step- 7 - Reboot into Download mode From Safestrap

Step- 8 - Flash NC2 Kernel Package Here

Step- 9 - You will Boot into a Stock Deodex rom with Root, Busybox, Init.d, Selinux Permissive, Insecure Modules!!

Developer Edition Instructions

Step- 1 - Flash Rom

Step- 2 - Flash Hash's Stock Based Kernel Here

Step- 3 - Do NOT FLASH VERIZON FIRMWARE PACKAGE!!!!!!!!!!
    Video Tutorials/Instructions
    Well got a solution for nc4 users!!! odin the nc2 kernel after flashing rom and all is well :) creditz to @jross12385 for testing for me :)

even better part of this is with the nc2 kernel that means insecure modules / selinux permissive are now open to people with the nc2 and nc4 bootloader! and safestrap will work again with no edits #Winning!!!!!!

WE GOT VERY LUCKY THIS TIME!! now listen to me when i say DO NOT TAKE ANOTHER UPDATE AFTER NC4!!!

giphy.gif

#Confused on why they didnt blacklist this kernel o_O they blacklisted kernels on the note2 so i know they can.. is this verizon pity'ing us a little bit? hmm

Well who cares it works!!!

Uploading Kernel Now!!!
    Welcome back @BaensTown106:) We've missed you here ;)

I hope you'll start a thread for kexec soon & I'd be glad to work with a smart dev like you :highfive: