FORUMS

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

Where is app Gaana downloading music?

Thanks Meter: 2

By king718, Member on 5th May 2014, 02:56 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th January 2015, 05:07 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshu9

wynk stores songs in storage/android/com.bsbportal.music .. but not able to play the songs

Same here.. I cant see any file large enough in that folder which could be an mp3

31st January 2015, 09:58 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
After trying all the solutions in got no success on my unrooted z2. I finally found the songs by using the app total commander. The process remains the same as the more learned friends have posted. Thank you guys. Now only if someone could figure out how to rename the songs
2nd February 2015, 06:35 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Anyone was able to identify the format Wynk uses for its files. I can see all the files in 'com.bsbportal.music/files'.
The files don't have an extension are either encrypted or in a format playable by the app only.
2nd February 2015, 12:38 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Same problem here. The files are not in the root but in sd card. I tried renaming them, even opened them in a hex editor, but could not figure out the format.
The Following User Says Thank You to mayankjain89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2015, 11:57 AM |#35  

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjain89

Same problem here. The files are not in the root but in sd card. I tried renaming them, even opened them in a hex editor, but could not figure out the format.

Please post the solution. If u find any.
3rd February 2015, 05:07 PM |#36  

More
Thumbs up Files are hidden
Quote:
Originally Posted by iambhavin

Hi,
the location is accurate. this is where it used to be. but i think they have now upgraded the app and changed the location.
i tried searching all the folders but i could not find the files now.
has any one else been successful getting the files then please share the location.

Hi,
I have successfully got all downloaded song from gaana.com
the location is accurate. jest they are hidden. If you have ES file explorer go to settings -> Display Settings and tick "show hidden files.
and you will get all songs you have downloaded from Gaana APP.
3rd March 2015, 11:09 AM |#37  
Flag Hyderabad

More
Found files
Quote:
Originally Posted by iambhavin

Hi,
the location is accurate. this is where it used to be. but i think they have now upgraded the app and changed the location.
i tried searching all the folders but i could not find the files now.
has any one else been successful getting the files then please share the location.

Hi I found the solution ,

1.download ES File Explorer from play store and install it
2.go to app settings --> click on 'display settings' --> check 'show hidden files' (it'll be unchecked at first)
3.come back to home page of app
4.go to below path
sdcard0(internal storage) --> android --> com.gaana -->files --> .gaana
5. you will see all songs as files with numbers
6. copy all files and paste in sdcard1 (External storage)
7. basically these files will not be opened by walkman (i use sony )
8.we have to rename every file by adding '.mp3' at the end.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by srpn09

Please post the solution. If u find any.

Renaming files with mp3 might work.
if file name is xyz ... you should rename it as xyz.mp3
6th April 2015, 08:58 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Can't find downloads with latest version Gaana. I tried both root and internal sd card directory but its no where. I tried to locate it with sorting folders as last modified in es file explorer, but theres absolutely no sign of gaana downloads.
7th May 2015, 09:51 AM |#39  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Thumbs up It's working
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReX-Hell2heAven

Gaana allow us to play the downloaded songs in their app only...But we can change this and can get downloaded files
Open ES File Explorer and enable Show hidden files ON ....
go to ANDROID/data/com.gaana
U will find one folder files open that
They are your downloaded files .........
Select one file by long holding ,,then mark all by using select all(top right coener tick mark) option and tap RENAME(below) in that select "rename extension name" type .mp3 and hit OK and u can move all these files to a folder wherever u want
now you can play this files in ur default player ..

But the problem is in ur player u wont see the names and album arts for these songs n it'll be PIUA I hope I helped u

Mine is not rooted and just tried with ES explorer. It worked!! Thanks.
8th May 2015, 05:07 PM |#40  

More
Wink
The files get downloaded in android<data .. Just rename the file to .mp3
You are welcome
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread