FORUMS

NVIDIA Launches SHIELD Android TV at Google I/O

Since Android TV was announced at Google I/O 2014, there has been very little activity … more

Devs Beware – Automatic Backup Privacy Risks

One new feature of “Android M” (speculation on potential names welcomed … more

Android M to Bring New App Drawer

It has now been seen that Android M will receive a new app drawer as part of the stock … more

Which IO Announcement Are You Most Excited About?

The keynote we had all been waiting for has just ended and it’s time to enjoy … more

Xfinity live streaming channels on the fire tv

Thanks Meter: 30

By tri0xinn, Senior Member on 15th April 2014, 09:44 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th March 2015, 04:46 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 241

More
The quality really isn't good enough IMHO. Better off getting a hd homerun and streaming off that.

14th March 2015, 12:32 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thnx for the app. I am listed outside the US and were not able to download it from the playstore. Now my AFTV is almost perfect.
I am still missing the newest version of the directv app.
Could any one help med out so I can sideload it also.

Thnx all

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Free mobile app
15th March 2015, 03:30 PM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
my experience
I get video buffering while watching sports on my Xfinity TV Go app running on an Amazon fire stick. I was going to try the fire and use direct ethernet cable from router to see if that would eliminate buffering. Has anyone found success with this?
22nd March 2015, 09:46 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgamby1

I succesfully sideloaded the X1 app (Xfinifty TV). I have it live streaming, the problem is, once it goes to channel 3, I can't control with remote or fire tv iphone app. Any suggestions on how to navigate or is there a remote app I can sideload on the fire tv that will also be able to be downloaded on my iphone?

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

sideloaded the settings.apk and then connected my Mac bluetooth mouse to it. I can navigate through the live channels with the mouse and play my dvr'd material, as well as on demand.

Just to add to this:

I was struggling with this as I just purchased the firetv stick and I have an iPhone.

After sideloading the Xfinity TV app and settings.apk., this now works perfectly for me: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BX0YKX4 (alternate: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BALK9CM)

if you hold down the right mouse stick and use the trackpad, it scrolls just like the native android app is supposed to.

Yes, it's a $20 solution, but the keyboard has many uses. If there is ONE caveat, the trackpad area is small, so it can take multiple swipes to navigate the guide.

I don't notice a terrible degradation in video quality. Sure, it's not as good as the real HD box we have in our living room, but certainly good enough (really good) quality for a spare room.
28th March 2015, 06:55 PM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Does anyone have issues with the audio not matching the lips of people on the screen? Sideloaded Xfinity on my Fire TV stick and it works great, other than the audio issue. Tried with my home theater turned on and off.

It also seems to occasionally skip a few scenes, like it's lagging behind.
13th April 2015, 12:17 PM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester

The quality really isn't good enough IMHO. Better off getting a hd homerun and streaming off that.

HUH? Quality is just as good or better then through the cable.. I love it. Then again my ISP line 100Mb
14th April 2015, 07:35 PM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Should I update the xfinity app? Its working perfectly but the app has been updated
9th May 2015, 01:45 AM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpugeeker

Should I update the xfinity app? Its working perfectly but the app has been updated

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread