FORUMS

Time-Lapse with ChronoSnap – XDA App Review

Some of the most interesting pictures are time-lapse animations that capture the … more

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Remote steering wheel control ( v1.2.1 ) based on Arduino + (BT)?

17th February 2015, 12:57 PM |#171  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Will this work on other Android tablets? I'd like to use something a bit more modern as a car head unit, e.g. a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4.
 
 
17th February 2015, 01:46 PM |#172  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolli81

Will this work on other Android tablets? I'd like to use something a bit more modern as a car head unit, e.g. a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4.

yes, even you have no usb host you able to use bluetooth connection
The Following User Says Thank You to _crue_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2015, 01:52 PM |#173  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _crue_

yes, even you have no usb host you able to use bluetooth connection

Thank you for a quick reply. Seems like I have to start learning Arduino.
16th March 2015, 11:12 AM |#174  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi _crue_,

Really cool app (hw and sw)! I would like create something similar.
I also have a N7 mounted on my car...In my intention I would like add an arduino connected through the usb (OTG) and use it for open an close the door lock of my car when my smartphone is in the range of N7 bluetooth.

I have thought to use HC-06 shield of arduino but its not auto-connect to my smartphone (only slave).

Do you think to release you app source code, this could really help me to code my android app

Ciao!

p.s. as Remote steering wheel control I use this object: http://www.banggood.com/Multifunctio...-p-961986.html
16th March 2015, 11:25 AM |#175  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam1kazze

Hi _crue_,

Really cool app (hw and sw)! I would like create something similar.
I also have a N7 mounted on my car...In my intention I would like add an arduino connected through the usb (OTG) and use it for open an close the door lock of my car when my smartphone is in the range of N7 bluetooth.

I have thought to use HC-06 shield of arduino but its not auto-connect to my smartphone (only slave).

Do you think to release you app source code, this could really help me to code my android app

Ciao!

p.s. as Remote steering wheel control I use this object: http://www.banggood.com/Multifunctio...-p-961986.html

I could share with you a part of code that is responses for connection. But in general I dont plan to share all code.
If you nede somting just write me PM I will help you as I can
16th March 2015, 11:30 AM |#176  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _crue_

I could share with you a part of code that is responses for connection. But in general I don't plan to share all code.
If you nede somting just write me PM I will help you as I can

Thanks _crue_!

I'm interested to this part of your project:
* selection of arduino in case of multiple devices attached (I have also usb key)
* tasker plugin code
* communication arduino <=> android

I'll write you on PM, but it's not urgent
16th March 2015, 11:32 AM |#177  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam1kazze

Thanks _crue_!

I'm interested to this part of your project:
* selection of arduino in case of multiple devices attached (I have also usb key)
* tasker plugin code
* communication arduino <=> android

I'll write you on PM, but it's not urgent

ok Write me a PM (I could forger) I will contact with later today
9th May 2015, 09:30 AM |#178  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Different Hardware
Hi
I decide to make my own hardware interface for _cre_'s great code
It uses a Micromite MKII and a HC05 Bluetooth module
The Micromite project is here geoffg.net/micromite.html
I have Nexus 7" Tablet in my car hence the project

This device is a Bluetooth car interface for a Android Phone / Tablet
It sends a code via Bluetooth and this is used by an Android application to make the phone or tablet perform various functions

It has the following functions.
12v Relay output to Amplifier remote delayed to avoid thump on power up
12v Relay output for reverse camera

Analogue Steering wheel interface (Buttons press to code via A/D)
Reverse camera control via +12v trigger from reverse light
Rotary encoder for Volume control
Press Button (Incorporated into rotary encoder)
Short Press (Programmable in android Application)
Long Press (Programmable in android Application)
+8 second press will restart Bluetooth connection.
Input from Car Phone Kit This will mute the Amplifier and pause the current media
(My Car phone audio is routed to the front right speaker by the car kit)

1st Dash mounted press button
Press to turn on reverse camera (Even if car is not in reverse)
Press again to turn off reverse camera

2nd dash mounted press button
Press sends a code
Release sends a code

Each function sends a different number to the Android application
Steering Wheel Buttons (Depends on resistor values in car)
Phone triggered 10000
Phone call complete 10100
Reverse +12 input 11000
Reverse complete 11100
Dash Switch #1 1st press 12000
Dash Switch #1 2nd press 12100
Dash Switch #2 press 15000
Dash Switch #2 release 15100

Rotary Encoder right 14000
Rotary encoder left 14100

Rotary Encoder switch
Long Press < 1 second 13100
Short Press > 1 second 13000
Long + Press > 8 seconds reinitialise Bluetooth

Then just because I had a .96" OLED display I added that so
you can see the codes sent when setting it up in the car
The code and PCB's are available should anybody be interested.
Pictures of unit are here (Sorry about the links but I don't enough posts maybe _cre_ can post the pictures)
s17.postimg.org/8zvfsuxbj/PCB1.jpg
s23.postimg.org/a62ieay0b/PCB2.jpg
s13.postimg.org/n8ddkuxcn/LCD1.jpg

Regards
Jman
The Following User Says Thank You to _jman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
arduino, bluetooth, in-car, remote control andorid, steering wheel controls
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 General by ThreadRank