FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[TUTORIAL] Create Flashable Zip From CWM/TWRP Backup (MTK)

11th April 2015, 11:41 AM |#31  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 40

More
meta inf
my tab dosent have acustom rom so cant get meta inf folder pls help how to create one

12th April 2015, 06:00 AM |#32  
Flag Tickfaw
Thanks Meter: 5,568

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwaa

my tab dosent have acustom rom so cant get meta inf folder pls help how to create one

do you have a stock rom? or a OTA update to get it?
whats your tab full model name
6th May 2015, 10:32 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Cool Dumbest question of the year!
OK. This was a really good post and a wonderful learning moment for me. But here is the practical thing: If both CWM and TWRP both allow me to backup AND RESTORE, then why the heck do I even need to worry about all this mumbo-jumbo to make a flashable zip when I can just hit the RESTORE button?

I can't even find a single custom ROM for my annoying Alcatel OT-7040D phone with the weird custpack partition, so forget "collecting" the META-INF folder. Nobody is developing anything for this anomaly of a phone. Except for MTK Droid Tools and SP Flash, I would would be all alone in this world. LOL
9th May 2015, 05:42 AM |#34  
Flag Tickfaw
Thanks Meter: 5,568

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVAngelo

OK. This was a really good post and a wonderful learning moment for me. But here is the practical thing: If both CWM and TWRP both allow me to backup AND RESTORE, then why the heck do I even need to worry about all this mumbo-jumbo to make a flashable zip when I can just hit the RESTORE button?

I can't even find a single custom ROM for my annoying Alcatel OT-7040D phone with the weird custpack partition, so forget "collecting" the META-INF folder. Nobody is developing anything for this anomaly of a phone. Except for MTK Droid Tools and SP Flash, I would would be all alone in this world. LOL

Many custom roms have been started from backup roms of ota's . Most rom's updated by OTA's or patched updated. So you make a backup of the updated rom so it can be deodexed and made custom to make moding possible. You situation it would be useless unless you was wanting to deodex your rom so you could add Mod's. This thread was not about your phone, it is open for any phone.
9th May 2015, 12:04 PM |#35  
Flag Berlin Germany
Thanks Meter: 480

More
I have an MTK tablet running an octa core MTK8392 chipset. No working ROMS for this device, but I have achieved root, CWM recovery, init, deodexed, and lots of speed scripts and build prop tweaks added. Would love to zip everything here into a ROM, but I have no "working meta inf folder from a custom ROM". I do have the stock ROM the device was sent with that can be flashed with SP tools. Would I be able to use something from original stock ROM to create a working meta inf?

EDIT: I believe I can create one using this method if Im not mistaken:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2387941
Last edited by Dai323; 9th May 2015 at 12:12 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread