FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Broke the sim reader.

11th March 2014, 10:44 AM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 8

More
So hmm i finally decided to use moto g as my main phone.
Got the nano --> microsim adaptor from a local store.
Inserted the sim. Sim doesnt get detected. Tried removing the sim. STUCK!. I think i broke the simreader pins without even actually using a phone.

I just contacted the motorola people.Too bad my phone is bought from usa and im in india till July. Anyone here has a guide on how to change the sim slot?!? I managed to remove the damn adaptor but i broke the pins so i guess i m screwed.

12th March 2014, 04:12 PM |#2  
Flag Zduńska Wola
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Same here. I'm going to buy a replacement for the SIM tray off ebay, and have it replaced (guys in my local store said it would cost $13, but another store asked for $20, so the prices may vary). I'm in Poland.
12th March 2014, 07:28 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi, i have the issue with my moto g. I fix the problem manually using a little piece of metal to make sure that the pin I broke touch the Sim. But that's was my case, I recommend you to go in a technical service, they can put a new sim reader and this cost about 20$.
6th January 2015, 04:51 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 189

More
Motorola already realized that this is a serious problem, because in my Moto G 4G with LTE User Guide they clearly mention on 4th page: "Caution: Make sure you use the correct sized SIM card, and donít use adapters with it."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SIM.PNG
Views:	490
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	3101388  
9th May 2015, 02:15 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How did you do it
Quote:
Originally Posted by guillecod

Hi, i have the issue with my moto g. I fix the problem manually using a little piece of metal to make sure that the pin I broke touch the Sim. But that's was my case, I recommend you to go in a technical service, they can put a new sim reader and this cost about 20$.

Hey man, I have the exact same problem, can you explain how you did that? did u use any adesive or something to secure the metal piece. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread