FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Custom roms for the SGH-I527M (Canadian version)

806 posts
Thanks Meter: 253

By starmaster10, Senior Member on 19th May 2014, 04:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th June 2014, 09:27 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saskatoon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeBalos

Hi SM, still trying to figure out this LTE problem. When I flashed CM11 and RR using TWRP, I only did the factory reset option. Should I try again using the advanced wipe options? If yes, which partitions should I use?

Thanks again.

Well I installed CM11 again and lte was working and I checked around in the ron but could not find anything on a setting for the bands.

In TWRP use advance wipe and check the first 4 boxes Dalvik cache, Cache, Systen and Data and try reflashing the CM11 rom and see if kte will show up.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by starmaster10; 13th June 2014 at 10:58 PM.

14th June 2014, 12:25 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
OK, I just did the advanced option to wipe dalvik, cache, system and data. Then reflashed CM11 - still doesn't get LTE. Also the carrier says Rogers Wireless instead of Fido on the lock screen.

Do I need to change the APNs? After reflashing, there are 4 APNs created including:
Fido FTE = ltemobile.apn

It's weird that it would create a Fido APN yet display "Rogers Wireless" as the service on the lock screen.
8th May 2015, 04:12 AM |#13  
Flag Canada <3 Iran
Thanks Meter: 17

More
@starmaster10: I see you have tried so many custom ROMs on this biggie phone! Which one of all these do you finally prefer? OR maybe just stock Samsung itself?

Well, to be honest, all these non-functioning this and that on custom ROMs (LTE, WiFi, touch, etc.) has scared me to take the risk of custom ROMming! I just wish by now, a non-invasive rooting method existed for Mega 6.3" with KitKat. Man, on other phones, it's just so easy and no-brainer to root but with Mega! Naah.

Mega is a production phone for me, all I wanted was to root it (I don't want custom recovery) that doesn't screw Knox!
Last edited by idoit; 8th May 2015 at 04:18 AM.
9th May 2015, 04:46 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saskatoon

More
Well the two custom roms I liked the best was resurrection and the dirty unicorn rom as those roms had some nice features in them..but I am on the 4.2.2 jellybean right now for a while already..I will most likely install the kitkat 4.4.2 NE5 rom in a while and at least I can still install some custom roms down the road..and knox is triggered on my phone due to rooting and installing a custom recovery TWRP 2.6.3.0..as it is good to have backups in case something goes haywire.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to starmaster10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread