FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

i need help with my new n900v

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By lidor578, Member on 3rd February 2014, 02:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th May 2015, 03:07 PM |#11  
Flag auburn
Thanks Meter: 0

More
please help.. I have 900v upgraded to 5.0.1....lost pics and voice recorded files...
please help with my note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmFL

I've tried all of the crazy suggestions that people have claimed will make it work. Setting screen timeout to 10 minutes, allowing untrusted & disabling app inspection, everything.

I can even use ADB directly from the Kingo directory, no problem.

And here's the real kicker .. if I delete the token allowing ADB access to my phone, Kingo will not trigger the phone to prompt for one. So Kingo is *not* even attempting to run ADB.

Not to mention, if you look at the logs, the entire time Kingo is communicating with Chinese servers. Sure, it might not be doing anything to root the phone, but that's not going to stop them from sending loads of data to China in the process.

At this point I think I think I'm best to chalk up the 12+ wasted hours on Kingo and give vRoot a try. What a nightmare, I've never had such a bad experience with an Android tool, whether it be for S-OFF, Rooting, etc.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread