More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumQueen92

1. Nope. It comes with the ROM
2. Yes.
3. No idea.
4. ._.

On another note, I'm experiencing a large battery drain with the latest nightly. Anyone else got it?

you mean the latest 02/03 nightly??? Any other probs on the latest nightly??? Can you please help me to flash official CWM 6.0.5.1??? I'm on stock 4.1.2.

3rd March 2015, 04:56 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurr4m

you mean the latest 02/03 nightly??? Any other probs on the latest nightly??? Can you please help me to flash official CWM 6.0.5.1??? I'm on stock 4.1.2.

Read around the forum more for guides, or use the ones on the first post of this thread. That's how I learnt to install ROMs from scratch
6th March 2015, 04:26 AM |#103  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 390

More
How is the performance of cm11 on n7000? Any lags or bugs?
7th April 2015, 11:48 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Current best practice
Hi, can someone help me out, I've been reading threads for 3 hours now and got no where.

Basically I have stock, never rooted, N7000 running kernel 2.6.35.7-N70000XXLC1 that I would love to get CM11 on.

What's the current best practice for root and custom recovery?

Many thanks (:
8th April 2015, 05:37 AM |#105  
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiemeister

Hi, can someone help me out, I've been reading threads for 3 hours now and got no where.

Basically I have stock, never rooted, N7000 running kernel 2.6.35.7-N70000XXLC1 that I would love to get CM11 on.

What's the current best practice for root and custom recovery?

Many thanks (:

Flash philz via the stock recovery. That way you'll get cwm. Then flash cm11 ROM+gapps
The Following User Says Thank You to ishanbhatnagr96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2015, 07:01 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishanbhatnagr96

Flash philz via the stock recovery. That way you'll get cwm. Then flash cm11 ROM+gapps

Thanks man! I got there in the end thanks to your point in the right direction. My n7000 wasn't directly rootable, that's how I wasted so much time. In the end these were my steps:
  • Downgraded using Odin 1.85 and SGN_XX_OXA_KJ1_FACTORYFS.zip
  • Ran CFROOt for kernal KJ1
  • In recovery flashed: philz_touch_6.48.4-n7000.zip
  • Then could install: cm-11-20150406-NIGHTLY-n7000.zip

happy bunny
9th April 2015, 08:34 PM |#107  
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiemeister

Thanks man! I got there in the end thanks to your point in the right direction. My n7000 wasn't directly rootable, that's how I wasted so much time. In the end these were my steps:

• Downgraded using Odin 1.85 and SGN_XX_OXA_KJ1_FACTORYFS.zip
  • Ran CFROOt for kernal KJ1
  • In recovery flashed: philz_touch_6.48.4-n7000.zip
  • Then could install: cm-11-20150406-NIGHTLY-n7000.zip

happy bunny

Yes. Just flash philz so that you have a working recovery. Another thing I would suggest is to, flash any kernel of cm11 just before flashing cm11 so that you don't run into any problems. 👍
6th May 2015, 05:49 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sai24

How is the performance of cm11 on n7000? Any lags or bugs?

There is no lag actually it runs very fast and smooth. Opening apps and apps and apps and still not a bit lag at all, switching between apps and still not a bit lag at all. If you wanna experience 4.4.4 Kitkat with it's best then I would suggest you to flash this rom but know that you won't have the same battery as the stock samsung roms i.e latest 4.1.2 JellyBean. 1% of battery drops every 8 minutes or less while listening to music, watching videos on Youtube results the same too so overall this rom has everything but touchwiz launcher and samsung's stock rom battery life And for bugs there was only one that occured: system.ui stopped working. Factory resetting the phone fixed it somehow as I wasn't facing the bug anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaeqer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2015, 08:52 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeqer

There is no lag actually it runs very fast and smooth. Opening apps and apps and apps and still not a bit lag at all, switching between apps and still not a bit lag at all. If you wanna experience 4.4.4 Kitkat with it's best then I would suggest you to flash this rom but know that you won't have the same battery as the stock samsung roms i.e latest 4.1.2 JellyBean. 1% of battery drops every 8 minutes or less while listening to music, watching videos on Youtube results the same too so overall this rom has everything but touchwiz launcher and samsung's stock rom battery life And for bugs there was only one that occured: system.ui stopped working. Factory resetting the phone fixed it somehow as I wasn't facing the bug anymore.

do the main functions work perfectly in this rom ?

like GPS,wifi direct, shooting 1080p video, all sensors, fm radio, recording audio and other basic things ?
11th May 2015, 06:46 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdurrhman

do the main functions work perfectly in this rom ?

like GPS,wifi direct, shooting 1080p video, all sensors, fm radio, recording audio and other basic things ?

I think and am sure that all basic things work only the camera is not like the stock one, it wasn't as clear and it's quality lacks compared to stock ones (you can search and see that I'm not the only one to face that problem so just in case be noted and prepared for it ). But there are always alternatives and you have many on play store, recently I read google camera is a good one to be replaced with GL flashing and enjoy testing & experimenting roms ^^
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, cm11 4.4 kitkat, cyanogenmod, gt-n7000, n7000
Previous Thread Next Thread