FORUMS

[Q] Phone switches from LTE to H+ during a call?

111 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By HeartUnderBlade, Senior Member on 20th May 2014, 01:13 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I got my Z2 and am loving it so far. No problems that really take away the experience of using this amazing phone. However, does anybody else notice that the phone switches from LTE 4G to H+ during a phone call? The switch happens instantaneously and it's hardly noticeable unless you're looking at the screen. Whenever I am on a call, my phone switches to H+ rather than staying on 4G. I only noticed because I tether my laptop and the speed on my laptop suddenly dropped during calls.

20th May 2014, 01:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Because you cannot normally make a call on any LTE network. LTE is currently for data only. There any only few operators in the world that offer Voice Over LTE (making phone call on LTE network).
20th May 2014, 09:54 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeokk

Because you cannot normally make a call on any LTE network. LTE is currently for data only. There any only few operators in the world that offer Voice Over LTE (making phone call on LTE network).

Ah I see, thanks for clearing it up! I've never noticed this on my LTE-enabled Nexus 4 so I thought this might have been specific to the Xperia Z2 only. Thanks for the clarification
11th May 2015, 08:06 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have a TMO Nexus 6 and it does the same exact thing. But in my case, I was told to switch off VoLTE because whatever my carrier is doing with their towers is messing everything up. So now I'm stuck with getting random/jumbled texts all the time. Oh, and sometimes my phone doesn't ring so ppl think I'm ignoring them - hella sketch, but what're you gonna do.. We both have great peices of fine hardware in our hands, let's just be thankful we can play angry birds in ultra fiiiine HD 💯💣
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)