FORUMS

Default Contacts Picture

453 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By wireless_one, Senior Member on 24th April 2014, 05:27 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just made the move to the Galaxy S5 (VZW version which is currently not root-able which sucks btw). I came from the HTC Rezound which I had grown very accustomed to the widgets (not liking the Samsung "equivalents") and have become frustrated with one issue with the contacts and the default picture. Using the HTC People widget, you could select from which linked contact (Google, Exchange, Facebook) you preferred the picture and use it as the default. I can't seem to figure out how to do this with S5. Is it possible?

12th May 2015, 08:30 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless_one

I just made the move to the Galaxy S5 (VZW version which is currently not root-able which sucks btw). I came from the HTC Rezound which I had grown very accustomed to the widgets (not liking the Samsung "equivalents") and have become frustrated with one issue with the contacts and the default picture. Using the HTC People widget, you could select from which linked contact (Google, Exchange, Facebook) you preferred the picture and use it as the default. I can't seem to figure out how to do this with S5. Is it possible?

I have a same problem, driving me MAD! Anyone knows solution for it?

Thank you.
12th May 2015, 01:29 PM |#3  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 817

Donate to Me
More
On mine I can just open the contacts app, open the contact I want to change the picture of, hit the edit pen icon top right, hit either the photo or if it doesn't have one, the + button where the photo should be, then change it to whatever I want
12th May 2015, 01:35 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Under edit contact by tapping on picture i have Image, Take picture and Remove. But I already have picture for my contacts under Device. My problem is that they are not the ones set as default. Default are from FB or LinkedIn and I can't change them.
12th May 2015, 01:39 PM |#5  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 817

Donate to Me
More
Looks like it's there but buggy, "Mark as default" seems to have issues
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...tact-list.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread