FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

How to fix LG G2 with IMEI issue

12th May 2015, 01:21 PM |#71  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retep117

I tried that earlier, but just keep getting the errors shown in the pictures.
my phone is rooted, would that change anything? I think that I've gotten it to work once, meaning that those errors didn't show up, but the IMEI didn't actually change on my phone.

You may need the MEID # for your phone as well.
Google sites that do the conversion of Imei or ESN to MEID for help there.

See if that works

12th May 2015, 07:20 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I tried that earlier, but just keep getting the errors shown in the pictures.
my phone is rooted, would that change anything? I think that I've gotten it to work once, meaning that those errors didn't show up, but the IMEI didn't actually change on my phone.

Make sure you have USB debugging turned on AND that you have USB PC Connection set to "LG Software". Did you do that?
12th May 2015, 07:25 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCreate

Make sure you have USB debugging turned on AND that you have USB PC Connection set to "LG Software". Did you do that?

Yeah, USB Debugging is on and my connection mode is LG Software. I have ADB installed and when I do the 'adb devices' command it says that my phone is connected, it just refuses to show up in QPST or EFS Professional
12th May 2015, 07:29 PM |#74  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah, USB Debugging is on and my connection mode is LG Software. I have ADB installed and when I do the 'adb devices' command it says that my phone is connected, it just refuses to show up in QPST or EFS Professional

OK, Go to device manager. When you plug-in your phone it should create a serial device under the ports like this.

Change the port to some other port number. I have mine set to port 41. Try doing the same. OR TRY SETTING IT TO PORT 8 Make sure yours matches all the settings of mine. Double click it, port settings, then click advance.
Last edited by ReCreate; 12th May 2015 at 07:35 PM.
12th May 2015, 07:35 PM |#75  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCreate

OK, Go to device manager. When you plug-in your phone it should create a serial device under the ports like this.

Change the port to some other port number. I have mine set to port 41. Try doing the same. Make sure yours matches all the settings of mine. Double click it, port settings, then click advance.

Wow, thank you so much, switching to COM41 made it show up. Do you know the reason behind why COM41 is used? Is there something unique about that port?
12th May 2015, 07:36 PM |#76  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Wow, thank you so much, switching to COM41 made it show up. Do you know the reason behind why COM41 is used? Is there something unique about that port?

Nothing unique about it. Other com ports work too, like COM8. That is what I used when i first made it successfully work. If it doesn't connect, then your COM number is probably too low. Just change it to something higher and try again. COM41 is also the required port for doing a factory reset.
12th May 2015, 07:42 PM |#77  

More
So using COM41 made QPST recognize my phone, but Qualcomm NV Tools still tells me that it is unable to connect to the phone. Do you know if this would be a separate issue?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread