FORUMS

[FIX/WORKAROUND] Applying RUU.exe causing fastboot-htc.exe has been stopped.

212 posts
Thanks Meter: 39

By darkarvan, Senior Member on 5th June 2014, 02:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey xda,

i recently turned my HTC One into a Google Play Edition with the Conversion RUU Zips and just wanted to get back to WWE Stock and used a RUU from HTC for this, but everytime and on multiple devices I was getting the error:

"fastboot-htc.exe has stopped working..." and the whole program just crashed. (the phone wasnt bricked, even after many times.)

at the Beginning of flashing the RUU.

I solved it by flashing a Combined TWRP Custom Firmware Package from this thread (use Combined, NoWipe ZIP's with same version of ruu) and then repeat the RUU.. and this time it worked. (List of all Firmware)
I select the version that the RUU was going to flash (for example at mine: 4.19.401.9 for the same RUU version)
[* also with unlocked bootloader and S-OFF, no need to change that!]

Maybe the RUU doesnt like the GPE Firmware, but this was the solution.

Cheers.
Last edited by darkarvan; 7th September 2014 at 05:43 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darkarvan For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th July 2014, 11:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks! Worked like a charm.
11th September 2014, 09:24 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarvan

Hey xda,

i recently turned my HTC One into a Google Play Edition with the Conversion RUU Zips and just wanted to get back to WWE Stock and used a RUU from HTC for this, but everytime and on multiple devices I was getting the error:

"fastboot-htc.exe has stopped working..." and the whole program just crashed. (the phone wasnt bricked, even after many times.)

at the Beginning of flashing the RUU.

I solved it by flashing a Combined TWRP Custom Firmware Package from this thread (use Combined, NoWipe ZIP's with same version of ruu) and then repeat the RUU.. and this time it worked. (List of all Firmware)
I select the version that the RUU was going to flash (for example at mine: 4.19.401.9 for the same RUU version)
[* also with unlocked bootloader and S-OFF, no need to change that!]

Maybe the RUU doesnt like the GPE Firmware, but this was the solution.

Cheers.

Man....
You just saved my 300 US$

Hats off to you.

Regards,
26th April 2015, 09:31 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Geez, you really saved it - thank you so much!!
12th May 2015, 10:46 PM |#5  
Orlando
Thanks Meter: 5

More
You saved my bacon as well! The husbando is trying to go another month or two with his M7 Dev Edition that I converted to GPE and wanted to convert back to stock! <3 <3 <3

Thanks a bunch!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)