Sanded, polished, etched the back case of my phone.

284 posts
Thanks Meter: 551
By Crackanug, Senior Member on 26th March 2014, 11:05 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th May 2015, 04:22 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2
I am currently in the process of doing this to my M7. It looks great, but the damn letter C fell off the back and when I attempted to glue it back on the super glue pretty much melted it...but alas, the underlying design, if polished up a bit looks quite unique and nice. So no harm no foul. But if you don't want it looking like that, be careful around those damn letters.
The Following User Says Thank You to soulshot96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2015, 11:24 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 16
That's fantastic.
13th May 2015, 12:05 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 4
Originally Posted by UltraNoob

kinda looks like the m8. Can you put a clear coat or something to seal everything so that it doesnt scratch so easily?

Originally Posted by JMB2772

Wow, I've never even imagined the One with a "chrome" look like that. It's gorgeous. Unfortunate that it gets scratched up like that, though.

I've used a similar technique on my aluminum rims. In the US there is a brand by the name Poor Boy's that makes a sealant for chrome rims that lasts about 3 months but that just locks in the shine preventing dulling by oxidation. For the scratches, wouldn't a clear adhesive protector for the back cover do the trick while preserving the look? If they don't already come custom made by brands like Armorsuit, there are stores that 3D scan your phone and custom make the protector for about 40USD
13th May 2015, 05:21 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 1
Very Awesome!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

etching, htc, htc one, polish

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread