Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 45,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATE 2011-01-20] Yet another TCPMP build [SKINNED+AVRCP]

Tip us?

ink718
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbam69 View Post
@ink718
I guess that's imposible to improve FVB, cause it uses special plugin for internet explorer and there is no source code of it availiable, also one can try to contact original developer and ask to update it .
Good thought! I never thought of that. Ill try to get a hold of the original developer and see if he update this babie ;].
Verizon Cingular T-Mobile All-Carriers-Except-Sprint. BANG BANG homie! They got m0ney for war but cant feed the po0r? What has this country

Unit ZER0
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey00 View Post
Unit ZER0,
You ended up cutting off much of the drop shadow that I added when you cropped the icons to 111x111. I'm guessing that you didn't notice that or you wouldn't have done it. I don't think that bimbam should use those because enough of the shadow is cut off to not look very good. If you need different sizes for the .ico file than are in the .ico that I uploaded, I'd suggest using my original images without cropping them any (since there's nothing more to crop without affecting the image). If the shadow is some kind of problem or bimbam would prefer an image without it, I can upload that, though the image looks awfully flat without it.
Sorry about that, I will give it another try using the sources uncropped. One thing though, when shrank to icon size, your images look a little washed out, so I will adjust the contrast, and shading to make them a tad darker, so they are a bit more legible.

Unit ZER0
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Lightbulb Osprey's Icons Redux

Here is another attempt, using Osprey00's icons, uncropped, the contrast has been adjusted slightly for more visibility.

(BTW, TCPMP on an icon is usually one letter too many, and since TCPMP stands for The Core Pocket Media Player, an icon with just CORE on it usually works...)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Osprey's Icons Redux.zip - [Click for QR Code] (50.4 KB, 98 views)

Osprey00
Old
(Last edited by Osprey00; 17th September 2010 at 10:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 72
Everyone,
I've created a skin based on Windows Media Player 12 (the latest version, included in Windows 7). It's good for those who want a simple, clean skin with minimal interface (i.e. not taking up half of the screen) and, especially, those who are very comfortable with WMP's controls. I also felt it important to include as many of the skinnable controls as possible (moreso than existing skins), so all sizes have "Open", "Playlist", "Mute", "Previous" and "Next buttons and most have "Shuffle", "Repeat" and "FastFwd" buttons. I also added text labels to the buttons because it takes the guesswork out and makes the skin more comfortable to use, IMO. If you'd prefer no text labels, open the Background.bmp in a paint program and paint over the labels with black.

The following sizes are included:

For Windows Mobile phones...
HVGA (320x480)
QVGA (240x320)
VGA (480x640)
WQVGA (240x400)
WVGA (480x800)

For CE Core (PND/GPS) devices...
320x240
240x320
480x234
480x272
272x480
640x480
800x480

If you need a different size, see the included Readme for some simple instructions on how you can modify one of the existing sizes to whatever size that you need.

Note: I didn't test every single size, so there may be bugs. Feel free to point them out to me (or, even better, correct them in skin.xml, yourself, and tell me what the corrections were).

EDIT: Replaced all tabs in the XML files with spaces to satisfy a bug in later builds of interface.plg.

EDIT #2: Added HVGA (320x480) version (for the HTC HD Mini, for example).

EDIT #3: Added the same grey background to the 240x320, 240x400 and 272x480 versions that the larger sizes have.

EDIT #4: Magnified the size of the controls for the 480x800, 800x480, 480x640 and 640x480 skins. (Note: all releases until this point have been downloaded a total of ~1400 times)

Download from MediaFire: TCPMP WMP12 Skin.zip
Download from xda-developers: (see attachment)
Attached Files
File Type: zip TCPMP WMP12 Skin.zip - [Click for QR Code] (910.6 KB, 4986 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Osprey00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeepers007
Old
Thanks Meter 893

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey00 View Post
Note: I didn't test every single size, so there may be bugs. Feel free to point them out to me (or, even better, correct them in skin.xml, yourself, and tell me what the corrections were).

Download from MediaFire: TCPMP WMP12 Skin.zip
Download from xda-developers: (see attachment)
Nice graphics. I found the text too smallish in VGA. So I modified text size, while keeping everything else the same.

I'm still thinking the controls and text are too small though.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ResizedText.zip - [Click for QR Code] (31.5 KB, 165 views)
Amaze Dev - Evervolv; AOKP Unofficial
LG G2 - daily driver
HTC One (work phone) - stock
HTC Amaze Evervolv - development device
LG OptimusT SlimBean

Appreciate you hitting the "Thanks" button if I've helped you. Feeling really generours? Buy me a drink.

porkenhimer
Old
Thanks Meter 146

DONATE TO ME
BIMBAM can I get a copy of your common.dll without the gapi option. I have tried several other common.dll files with subtitles but without the gapi driver and none work with your interface.plg. Every common.dll file tht has the gapi dricer messes up the taskbar each time I open tcpmp. Hope u can do that ftr me. Thanks.

Osprey00
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers007 View Post
Nice graphics. I found the text too smallish in VGA. So I modified text size, while keeping everything else the same.

I'm still thinking the controls and text are too small though.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the graphics are taken from WMP without any re-sizing, so they are what they are and might be more suitable for the smaller resolutions. You could re-size the controls for the higher resolutions (ex. double everything in size), if you wanted to, but the image quality would suffer. As for the text being too small, that's legitimitately my fault, since I did size that for the smaller resolutions, so thanks for making it more legible for the higher resolutions.

bimbam69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkenhimer View Post
BIMBAM can I get a copy of your common.dll without the gapi option. I have tried several other common.dll files with subtitles but without the gapi driver and none work with your interface.plg. Every common.dll file tht has the gapi dricer messes up the taskbar each time I open tcpmp. Hope u can do that ftr me. Thanks.
On my device when GAPI driver is selected it also messes up the screen, so I'm avoiding to select that driver. Its a strange request , but here it is, if you wish to make GAPI driver option availiable again just rename gx.dll to gxNew.dll and put it into TCPMP dir
Attached Files
File Type: zip common.zip - [Click for QR Code] (194.0 KB, 100 views)

bimbam69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
@Osprey00
Thanks for sharing those skins, It's a good material for desktop TCPMP

thingonaspring
Old
(Last edited by thingonaspring; 7th April 2010 at 09:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 220
Hi guys,

I've been building an HTC Universal ROM with milesmowbray's TCPMP as it's only media player (save for some Windows Media DLLs for soundevent handling and 3rd party app compatibility).
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=643243

A poster on my thread pointed me to this build today, and I have to say it looks ideal - but for one thing - AVRCP support.

I saw in the earlier posts that bimbam69 and xiaojin1985 spoke about combining their efforts, but it all seems to go quiet after that - did anything ever come of it?
Motorola Droid 3 XT862 .906 - Rooted, Safestrap recovery3, MiniMoto Rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1978304

Tags
mkv, skin, tcpmp, tcpmp mkv flv sourcecode