FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

note 3 bootloop

149 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By LeonKnight12, Senior Member on 25th May 2014, 02:12 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I had Note 3 safestrap installed.

Factory wiped and I flashed PureRom Ce over S5 experience rom on kit kit 4.4 and reboot.

The note 3 will not start into boot logo but appears as Galaxy note 3 with unlocked icon and nothing else. Tried to boot me to recovery it did take me to stock recovery. I hit factory reset and cache and problem still the same.

Any ideas? if problem do not solved, all I do to hit up odin to flash new firmware?
 
 
25th May 2014, 04:58 PM |#2  
posersk8r's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 263
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonKnight12

I had Note 3 safestrap installed.

Factory wiped and I flashed PureRom Ce over S5 experience rom on kit kit 4.4 and reboot.

The note 3 will not start into boot logo but appears as Galaxy note 3 with unlocked icon and nothing else. Tried to boot me to recovery it did take me to stock recovery. I hit factory reset and cache and problem still the same.

Any ideas? if problem do not solved, all I do to hit up odin to flash new firmware?

Seems like you formatted sd in ss, did you reboot normally or you pressed vol up menu and power? Try to reboot, if ss doesn't show up you may have to revert to mj5.
25th May 2014, 07:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lancaster
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by posersk8r

Seems like you formatted sd in ss, did you reboot normally or you pressed vol up menu and power? Try to reboot, if ss doesn't show up you may have to revert to mj5.

You are right, I formatted it by pc. I thought everything had covered. The ss I had was installed but recovery did not "recovery not active" someone claimed it was bug. So I rebooted got ss then flashed purerom on kk, and this was happening right after reboot. I gonna have to look in thread about mj5 you mentioned. Download mode working fine and stock recovery working fine. Ugh I need to get home and have this fixed. I'm at work stuck with boot looping note 3. Hope to get this fixed tonight.
26th May 2014, 01:05 AM |#4  
posersk8r's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 263
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonKnight12

You are right, I formatted it by pc. I thought everything had covered. The ss I had was installed but recovery did not "recovery not active" someone claimed it was bug. So I rebooted got ss then flashed purerom on kk, and this was happening right after reboot. I gonna have to look in thread about mj5 you mentioned. Download mode working fine and stock recovery working fine. Ugh I need to get home and have this fixed. I'm at work stuck with boot looping note 3. Hope to get this fixed tonight.

"Recovery not active" means you are using the stock slot. Yeah just follow the steps in the mj5 restore done that numerous times and it always brought me back. Hope you get that note 3 firing again.
The Following User Says Thank You to posersk8r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 03:23 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lancaster
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Thanks I got my note 3 back to life using mj5 restore. Problem solved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th May 2015, 11:41 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Stuck on Boot Loop
Quote:
Originally Posted by posersk8r

Seems like you formatted sd in ss, did you reboot normally or you pressed vol up menu and power? Try to reboot, if ss doesn't show up you may have to revert to mj5.

Hey im in need of some desperate help, so In safestrap i activated one of the rom slots and left alone the stock rom slot, after i created and activated a rom slot, i intalled lollipop rooted from Walter White, then now i've been stuck on "Samsung GALAXY Note 3" logo withiout the lock at the bottom for the past hour, how do i get back in to safestrap?!! need to go back to stock rom! please help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes