FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[how to] change your MID without an eng bootloader

25th April 2015, 06:30 PM |#321  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,463

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafez

You will recieve OTA update from 4.4.4 to 5.01 but not from 5.01 to 5.1.

You're right. I ended up using the 5.1 RUU

25th April 2015, 09:51 PM |#322  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

Yes. You need to be rooted.

Sent from my HTC One max

Ok, but from what I understand, if I root I won't be able to download OTA updates.

I also haven't gotten any OTA updates at all since converting to non-rooted 5.0.1 GPE from official Sense (from graffixnyc's RUU thread). So I was wondering what could be causing this issue since I use "GOOGL001" as the CID and "0P6B16000" MID.
26th April 2015, 04:40 AM |#323  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,681

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango85

Ok, but from what I understand, if I root I won't be able to download OTA updates.

I also haven't gotten any OTA updates at all since converting to non-rooted 5.0.1 GPE from official Sense (from graffixnyc's RUU thread). So I was wondering what could be causing this issue since I use "GOOGL001" as the CID and "0P6B16000" MID.

Root doesn't matter. You need to be on a correct "release keys" version to trigger the ota,then have an unmodified system,and stock recovery in addition to the correct cid/mid in order for it to install.

You need root to change mid. If you wish to unroot after,you can use the unroot function of superSU or run an unrooted RUU
26th April 2015, 09:39 PM |#324  
Thanks Meter: 298

More
Can this be done from twrp recovery?, im trying to help someone get there mid back to stock, there phone wont boot in to any OS because his firmware is all messed up, he needs the sprint model id so he can flash the stock firmware package?
28th April 2015, 03:44 PM |#325  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 208

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe323

Can this be done from twrp recovery?, im trying to help someone get there mid back to stock, there phone wont boot in to any OS because his firmware is all messed up, he needs the sprint model id so he can flash the stock firmware package?

Yes can be done in TWRP recovery
7th May 2015, 09:32 PM |#326  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Phone MID Change
Hr Everybody Can you help me change de MID 0P9C30000 to 0P9C70000. How calculate this?
14th May 2015, 11:51 AM |#327  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What's this mean?

warning! provided only for folks who have changed their mid and realized they shouldnt have,or achieved s off via a java card. DO NOT change a gsm or vzw device to this in attempts to use it on sprint and convert to a sprint device(or vice versa).

I have a htc one m8 (verizon), I'd like to convert it to a developer one, mi carrier works with gsm.

what's will happen if I change the mid to a developer ?

regards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread