FORUMS

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM] [4.4.4] [CyanogenMod 11 by Jcsullins] [DM] [01/13/15]

23rd April 2015, 11:03 AM |#1191  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka_hing_lee

Hi Synchron50,

For this setting, you need to scroll (by swiping left/right) to the page "bootup". Then you can see both "Google Play Services" and "Google Play Store".

Here is the modified steps:

Settings > Privacy > Privacy Guard > Advanced (in the menu)
scroll to the page 'bootup' (by swiping left/right)
> Google Play services > disabled "Wake up" and "Keep awake"
> Google Play Store > disabled "Wake up" and "Keep awake".

Here is the screen dump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-23-17-53-38.png
Views:	1010
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	3277483  
The Following User Says Thank You to ka_hing_lee For This Useful Post: [ View ]

23rd April 2015, 11:14 AM |#1192  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka_hing_lee

Here is the screen dump.

Need to reboot your tablet to make the changes effective.
The Following User Says Thank You to ka_hing_lee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2015, 12:01 AM |#1193  
Flag Temperley
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for the Fix on the Google services. Now my battery does not drain anymore!! I thought my battery was dead!
26th April 2015, 09:43 PM |#1194  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
After not using Touchpad since late February, turned on yesterday and went into bootloop.

Before that, was working fine, with the occasional google play services etc. has stopped message, which was fine with me as I don't use a lot of google services.

Had 11-25-14 data media rom and minimal Kitkat 4.4.4 GAPPs package from 6-20-14 from this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hp?t=2661932); had used Toolbox 2014-10-04-v41d and update cWM jcs 20140612 to install.

When I tried to fix by restoring backup from Sdcard1 using CWM after clearing cache and dalvik cache, the data partition did not restore but rather hung with no error message after a half day of waiting. Luckily had backups on sdcard0, had to try them twice before data partition would restore and I could successfully boot.

Unfortunately upon boot, got 100+ android apps updating when system rebooted; after that got multiple messages from google ? services? that had stopped; then tried to download new GAPPs package thinking that was the problem but in that process got browser crashing, system ui stops, reboots etc. At this point tried to restore backup again from sdcard0 and sdcard1 and it gave me error message that was unable to read from either data partition.

Deep breath.

Now that I had the error message about the data partition, came to this thread and saw someone else had a corrupt data partition and nevertells2 in post #1152 mentioned Tailor to fix it.

A BIG thanks to nevertells2 and Rod whitby also (creator of Tailor) as I was able to fix the android data partition in webOS using Tailor (and one more reason why i was glad I kept webOS on).

Once it was fixed, I went ahead and dirty flashed the JCS 1-13-15 data media rom from this thread and the latest
minimal GAPPs from the thread I listed above ("gapps-444-base-20150422-1-signed.zip") and backed up with CWM version I had on it from 2014.0612

It works fine.

Writing this out in case it helps anyone else.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conif For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2015, 05:03 PM |#1195  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks for this! I noticed it in a galaxy s3 thread i was touring around and had like 75k and 25k in each of those respective requests. After 1 night i cam definitely see an improvement.

Glad to see NT is still telling it like it is. Touchpad users are lucky to have him.

I have been using this rom daily since a couple days after it came out. The only noticeable issue i have had - and I will mention it because others have and have been dismissed - is occasional wifi failures. It has happened on multiple routers and a device reset fixes it, so not a huge deal.

It is symptomized by loosing connection and being unable to reestablish one until I reboot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by arasarn; 28th April 2015 at 05:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to arasarn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2015, 03:59 AM |#1196  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 721

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arasarn

Thanks for this! I noticed it in a galaxy s3 thread i was touring around and had like 75k and 25k in each of those respective requests. After 1 night i cam definitely see an improvement.

Glad to see NT is still telling it like it is. Touchpad users are lucky to have him.

I have been using this rom daily since a couple days after it came out. The only noticeable issue i have had - and I will mention it because others have and have been dismissed - is occasional wifi failures. It has happened on multiple routers and a device reset fixes it, so not a huge deal.

It is symptomized by loosing connection and being unable to reestablish one until I reboot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks for the vote of support. Sometimes hard to find that in XDA. Re: your WiFi issue, I have been sticking with Mr. Sullin's 20150113 Rom also and every once in a while upon waking my TP up, WiFi does not reconnect. What works for me is to just go to settings/WiFi and with no more than doing that, it reconnects with the current AP I am using. No rebooting required or "forgetting" the AP and signing in again. Hope that helps.

NT
13th May 2015, 02:08 PM |#1197  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
thank you
After a long journey trying Lollipop (flintman) I'm back to the significantly more stable 4.4.4! Flintman made some major strides, but 5.1.1 never quite worked for me and was simply too unstable.

KK 4.4.4 WiFi is working perfectly for me and Charging after last night so far so good. Bluetooth is working perfectly...missed having my headphone and no problems to report with both heaphones and keyboard syncing and working perfectly!

Probably here to stay unless some make some Huge changes in OS I can't live without!

Thanks again for the supoort! Sorli...

Update - forgot to mention initial bootloop at lock screen and forced wipe a rebuild/setup disabling lock screen and restoring backup? This probably an old issue, but for those coming back to 4.4.4 may want to disable the lock screen.
Last edited by bsorli; 13th May 2015 at 08:51 PM. Reason: update
The Following User Says Thank You to bsorli For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2015, 02:41 PM |#1198  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsorli

After a long journey trying Lollipop (flintman) I'm back to the significantly more stable 4.4.4! Flintman made some major strides, but 5.1.1 never quite worked for me and was simply too unstable.

KK 4.4.4 WiFi is working perfectly for me and Charging after last night so far so good. Bluetooth is working perfectly...missed having my headphone and no problems to report with both heaphones and keyboard syncing and working perfectly!

Probably here to stay unless some make some Huge changes in OS I can't live without!

Thanks again for the supoort! Sorli...

Update - forgot to mention initial bootloop at lock screen and forced wipe a rebuild/setup disabling lock screen and restoring backup? This probably an old issue, but for those coming back to 4.4.4 may want to disable the lock screen.

Thanks for guinea pigging.

I will leave my devices on this ROM too. JCSullins, what a guy!
The Following User Says Thank You to arasarn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, hp touchpad, kitkat 4.4, tenderloin
Previous Thread Next Thread