FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[APP] LATEST Google LOLLIPOP KEYBOARD [21/02/15]

4th April 2015, 03:18 AM |#881  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Cannot get it to work on elementaryux1.8 (ics4.0.4) on samsung galaxy mini s5570
I have try many version, installed the libs in system (with permissions set), nothing have worked for me, also on playstore i only have acces to HINDI/JAPANESE/KOREAN version and these one works, but i wanted the "original" one
does anyone can help me please?

Btw : I not newbie, i follow xda since years now, it's the first time i need to post a thread to have some help, be nice please

Peace
Last edited by s2nz0; 4th April 2015 at 03:32 AM.
 
 
4th April 2015, 02:07 PM |#882  
bejunk's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1,683
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by networkiv

Could you post arm64 version ?

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2nz0

Cannot get it to work on elementaryux1.8 (ics4.0.4) on samsung galaxy mini s5570
I have try many version, installed the libs in system (with permissions set), nothing have worked for me, also on playstore i only have acces to HINDI/JAPANESE/KOREAN version and these one works, but i wanted the "original" one
does anyone can help me please?
Btw : I not newbie, i follow xda since years now, it's the first time i need to post a thread to have some help, be nice please
Peace

if you see the other versions normal install should work. remove the libs &apk you copied into system if you can (test first without).
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/

enable install from unknown sources b4
4th April 2015, 10:17 PM |#883  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thank you for the help, it still doesn't work
I'm gonna explain in detail what i have already done

- Install apk normally
- Put lib into system (the normal one and unbundled one) (not both in same time, depending on the version i had of the apk) I always tested apk before adding the lib
- Put apk in system
- Install the mini apk 5mo
- All version have been tested with normal installation in data (when failed i always tested in the system too)


I always get the first screen(the configuration one) of the apk then it crash when i touch the screen, but i always can access the option in settings>language etc.. Also FC settings when i go back
The keyboard never shows up and fc hardly

Only the hindi and co from playstore worked, but not the normal version(all apk i have tested), it is even not showing the "original" one in playstore

I also cleaned /data/data folder of the apk between each new try of installation (thinking it would cause issues with all the version i tested)

I simply don't understand where my mistake is
Also the lib in the apk you sent me is arm7? i may gonna say something wrong, but isn't galaxy mini s5570 arm6 ? Edit: When i put that lib into system, i at least can go to step3 then it force close again, i even don't have the time to touch the screen

Thanks
Peace
Last edited by s2nz0; 4th April 2015 at 10:28 PM.
4th April 2015, 11:46 PM |#884  
bejunk's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1,683
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb4all

ok I have a nexus 5 running cm12 . does anyone know how to get rid of that annoying emoji button ?
instead of emoji , i want that enter key back.
thanks in advance

may you try my z3 keyboard port. its very good & you can remove or add this button & other. very subtle keyboard
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...8/post59482993
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2nz0

Thank you for the help, it still doesn't work
I'm gonna explain in detail what i have already done

- Install apk normally
- Put lib into system (the normal one and unbundled one) (not both in same time, depending on the version i had of the apk) I always tested apk before adding the lib
- Put apk in system
- Install the mini apk 5mo
- All version have been tested with normal installation in data (when failed i always tested in the system too)


I always get the first screen(the configuration one) of the apk then it crash when i touch the screen, but i always can access the option in settings>language etc.. Also FC settings when i go back
The keyboard never shows up and fc hardly

Only the hindi and co from playstore worked, but not the normal version(all apk i have tested), it is even not showing the "original" one in playstore

I also cleaned /data/data folder of the apk between each new try of installation (thinking it would cause issues with all the version i tested)

I simply don't understand where my mistake is
Also the lib in the apk you sent me is arm7? i may gonna say something wrong, but isn't galaxy mini s5570 arm6 ? Edit: When i put that lib into system, i at least can go to step3 then it force close again, i even don't have the time to touch the screen

Thanks
Peace

ok, whats your rom? android version, to be clear
i guess its true, as the lib in system is in a folder "armeabi v7" or sth. we need to check may someone optimized it vor v6...
Last edited by bejunk; 5th April 2015 at 12:01 AM.
5th April 2015, 12:07 AM |#885  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
ElementaryUX 1.8 (CM9.2) on Android 4.0.4
I have already gived details about it, did i missed something?

Thanks
Peace

Edit : I think i gonna try to take the lib from the working playstore one(hindi&co), uninstall, install apk from here and test with that libs, i will give feedback another time, right now i feel tired after all these attempt ^^
Last edited by s2nz0; 5th April 2015 at 12:13 AM.
14th May 2015, 09:38 PM |#886  
gorilla p's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Chiraq
Thanks Meter: 1,886
 
Donate to Me
More
2 problems I could use help with.
I'm using the Nexus4 on 5.1.1
1 - I can not get the voice input option to work. I have Google keyboard and Google TTS.
Both are enabled and set to default. The microphone icon won't show up on my keyboard and when I go to input options, the voice input option is not available. The o ly time I recall seeing it was when initially configuring Google keyboard using the app walkthrough, but I couldn't go back to select it. I have the option ticked in setting gs, but it is grayed out and I can't disable/enable it.
I tries downloading the "Google" search app and that hasn't helped either.

2 - I downloaded the latest google keyboard from APKMirror and install fails each time. (Not x86 or x64).

Any help (especially with #1) would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla p

2 problems I could use help with.
I'm using the Nexus4 on 5.1.1
1 - I can not get the voice input option to work. I have Google keyboard and Google TTS.
Both are enabled and set to default. The microphone icon won't show up on my keyboard and when I go to input options, the voice input option is not available. The o ly time I recall seeing it was when initially configuring Google keyboard using the app walkthrough, but I couldn't go back to select it. I have the option ticked in setting gs, but it is grayed out and I can't disable/enable it.
I tries downloading the "Google" search app and that hasn't helped either.

2 - I downloaded the latest google keyboard from APKMirror and install fails each time. (Not x86 or x64).

Any help (especially with #1) would be appreciated.

OK, I finally figured out the answer to #2.

When initially configuring Google keyboard you have to install google keyboard, open Google keyboard and go through the steps.
On the first step, you can't select select google keyboard, click next and come back to enable/set voice input to automatic.
You have to select voice input/set to automatic first, then select google keyboard, then click next.
So unfortunately it seems that if you don't do it in that order, there is no way to go back and enable voice input. You have to uninstall/reinstall google keyboard and do it the way mentioned above.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to gorilla p For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes