FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Galaxy S5 SM-G9008V Owners' Thread

15th May 2015, 12:40 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegzynko

I can't find that version mentioned there for free. But you can try finding within the links when you search in Baidu.com
Just write the full name of the ROM you want, and well...then navigate from page to page until you get it for free and with a decent size.
Other option, go to taobao.com and some guys who makes ROOT, etc. for a fee (about 40 rmb) will give you the link to download it, and even do it for you (well, you need to help them) via remote connection.
As always with all of the roms and websites and links, neither me nor anyone else in the forum was/is/will be responsible if anything happens to you, your computer,phone or anything else. Do all this under your own risk as we all do
I hope you manage to make it work. Just avoid the BOC1 version since is the one I had issues with.

Please note that you will need to delete everything from your phone when you install it, or at least I had to.

Good luck!!!

Probably should have clarified, I can find places to download the BOA2 version, and I have already downloaded one and tried to flash via Odin but it didn't work.
There were 4 files plus a .pit file, I used all of them but still couldn't get it to work. Maybe I didn't perform the flash correctly? Can you walk me through how I should have done it (including what settings in Odin)?

15th May 2015, 02:51 AM |#62  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi! I'm not the best at this (I only used Odin....5 times?) but I think that the PIT file shouldn't be use.
Again, I'm not sure. But I read it somewhere.
Try using the other 4 files. Or better yet, wait for someone else here to reply with better knowledge than myself. I did not use the .PIT file, of that I'm sure.
You can search in the forums here about the procedure when there are several files.
Also, apparently it doesn't work if you don't wipe the phone before. I always thought that installing a ROM will already handle the wiping...but someone (taobao guy) told me that it was required.

In my case was: wiping, install all ROM files but NO .PIT, install custom recovery, install root, install google play, working.

Sorry that I can't help you better, good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando260

Probably should have clarified, I can find places to download the BOA2 version, and I have already downloaded one and tried to flash via Odin but it didn't work.
There were 4 files plus a .pit file, I used all of them but still couldn't get it to work. Maybe I didn't perform the flash correctly? Can you walk me through how I should have done it (including what settings in Odin)?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread