FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Stuck in download mode, FlashTool fails with missing model information (BRICKED?)

27th March 2014, 10:51 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My LG G2 D800 (AT&T) 32 GB is stuck in download mode and I cannot flash the stock ROM to it.
I can't get out of download mode no matter how I try to press keys at boot, etc. -- just a black screen with the LG logo.

adb devices returns no devices found.

Shows in Windows Device Manager as "LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM4)."
Flash Tool finds my device, but when I try to flash (using dll C:\Users\SAdra\Downloads\LGD800_20130904_LGFLASHv1 60.dll and S/W LGD800AT-01-V10O-310-410-OCT-19-2013+0.tot), it fails immediately and says "Model Information Check Fail!"

It shows "IMEI : " and "Model : ". That's really scary if that information has truly disappeared (not sure how that could have happened though). I at least have the IMEI on a sticker on the back.

I used ioroot to successfully enter root mode, so I should have an EFS backup, but I don't know how to recover it since I'm in download mode and the only tool I have to work with is the LG FlashTool, which isn't happy with me right now. I've tried key combinations but I can't seem to enter recovery mode or fastboot or anything from here.

Previously I was stuck in a fastboot loop but then I re-flashed most of the stock partitions from (downloads.codefi.re 10d_partitions directory under D800 Stock_Firmware) -- I remember doing this for aboot, boot, dbi, laf, modem, recovery, and abl1 -- I was following some dumb forum post in which someone recommended doing that -- duhh...

I would be happy at this point if I could get back into my fastboot loop -- at least I could flash stuff from there.

What got me into the fastboot loop in the first place was flashing the BeanStalk ROM (it was a two-part thing where you were supposed to first flash the main ROM and then flash a device-specific patch -- well, the initial ROM flash got me into the fastboot loop).

Any recommendations? If I were to use Linux, would I have any other options -- I've seen people mention flashing partitions using dd?

At this point I'm about ready to take it in to AT&T (still under warranty / in contract) and beg for help, although I know I've obviously voided my warranty by rooting it.

I've seen a few older threads where people are stuck in download mode and have the same "model information" error in FlashTool, and it seems nobody ever replies to those threads, so I think I'm out of luck. If anybody has gone through this or has any idea what I can do, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

19th November 2014, 12:18 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have the same problem with my G2. I am stuck at the LG logo. No recovery and download mode stuck at the dots. Phone is recognized (while its showing the LG logo) on the control panel as LGE AndroidNet USB Serial port (41) and LGE AndroidNet USB modem. I have tried all tutorials (hard resets, linux etc) I found but nothing worked. Anyone with suggestions???
thanks
1st March 2015, 11:51 AM |#3  
Flag lahore
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassist82

I have the same problem with my G2. I am stuck at the LG logo. No recovery and download mode stuck at the dots. Phone is recognized (while its showing the LG logo) on the control panel as LGE AndroidNet USB Serial port (41) and LGE AndroidNet USB modem. I have tried all tutorials (hard resets, linux etc) I found but nothing worked. Anyone with suggestions???
thanks

did you solved it? im in same situation
27th March 2015, 09:43 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Any news? Thanks
12th May 2015, 03:54 PM |#5  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassist82

thanks

did you found the solution ?? same problem
13th May 2015, 07:28 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
I'm in the same situation. Flaked the wrong room and now stick at lg logo. Lg flash tool keeps erroring out with mismatch model numbers. The universal file also errors out. Anyone have a way to save it? I even hex edited the files and ended up with mismatched bin number. I feel I'm so close. Lg flash tool just keeps getting confused. Is it a full brick and a lost cause?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
15th May 2015, 02:57 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Anybody???

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
15th May 2015, 03:29 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
I had the same problem quite a while ago and found that the firmware i downloaded was not the right one, downloaded 20c and related dll and it worked search for it.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread